BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2014 4:39 pm  #1

10 Day Sherlock Tour

Looking for 4-6 hardcore Sherlock fans to meet me in London for a 10 day Sherlock Tour of a lifetime.You don't have to be British fans. In fact, a mixed group from around the world would be best. More details available if you're interested.

Last edited by jknitt (February 16, 2014 4:39 pm)

February 16, 2014 4:49 pm  #2

Re: 10 Day Sherlock Tour

Have you got any particular dates in mind?

February 16, 2014 4:54 pm  #3

Oh this sounds interesting!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 16, 2014 4:55 pm  #4

First opportunity would likely be May 4-14.

February 16, 2014 5:06 pm  #5

It's something is definitely love to do, however I have to be careful with the month of May because it's quite an important month at college. I would only know whether it's okay closer to the date.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 16, 2014 6:18 pm  #6

I might be potentially interested, and the dates are kind of perfect because I was planning to go to Bristol for the weekend of May 17/18 and have already taken time off work for that week. I'd have to know more details, though. And, I don't know, I'm a bit skeptical to plan a whole vacation with people I've never met... Can you PM or e-mail me more details (tj_teejay [at] gmx.net)?

February 16, 2014 7:36 pm  #7

Check your PM inbox!

February 16, 2014 7:45 pm  #8

Sounds like an intresting venture. I'm intrested to hear more details.

February 16, 2014 8:19 pm  #9

I wonder why I'm being so secretive about the itinerary. I should just post the rough agenda here and generate more interest, right?

February 16, 2014 8:40 pm  #10

Please do!

February 16, 2014 8:44 pm  #11

Potentially interested, but work in a school so May wouldn't work for me.  What are the chances of changing the dates or should I hope for a return trip one day??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

February 16, 2014 8:47 pm  #12

Aw that sounds like a lot of fun!

But sadly I might have to work for the Eurovision during those dates ... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2014 9:18 pm  #13

If May goes well, I'd like to do another trip in the fall.

February 16, 2014 9:20 pm  #14

Rough agenda for Sherlock Tour:
Day 1: Arrive in London - Adjust from Transatlantic flight as neededVisit former site of Queen Charlotte's Hospital: Birthplace of Benedict Cumberbatch
Day 2: Sherlock Series 1 Locations - Including "221B Baker Street"Sherlock Holmes MuseumTaxi Chase footrace in Soho
Day 3: Sherlock Series 2 Locations - Including St. Bart's, scene of The Reichenbach fallViolin Lessons
Day 4: Sherlock Series 3 Locations - Including 23-24 Leinster Gardens, the false facade hiding open tube tracks belowScotland Yard Black Museum (if possible)
Day 5: Travel by train to Cardiff - Afternoon tour of BBC studios
Day 6: Tour surrounding area shooting locations by car - including Dewer's hollow, creepy location from The Hounds of Baskerville (possibly at night?)
Day 7: Return to London - Murder Mystery Dinner
Day 8: Free day - Police Ride-along (if possible)
Day 9: Free day - Motorcycle ride through London (as seen in The Empty Hearse)
Day 10: Free day
Day 11: Departure
There will be several opportunities for photos/cosplay.There will be chances to win Sherlock swag via games & contests. (Chess/Operation like Sherlock vs. Mycroft, Cluedo, etc.)When possible, dinners may include visits from Sherlock experts such as the staff from Sherlockology.com.Activities such as Scotland Yard's Black Museum and police ride-alongs may be difficult to arrange, no guarantees.

Last edited by jknitt (February 16, 2014 9:25 pm)

February 17, 2014 2:06 pm  #15

Hi. I am new to this forum (joined only today) but I just wanted to declare my interest

I live in central London, and live  just 15 minutes walk from St Barts and know where all the London locations are so would be able to assist with getting everyone to them if required. I have visited them myself and laid down in the very spot where Sherlock laid outside the hospital

Last edited by joy333 (February 17, 2014 2:11 pm)

February 17, 2014 3:36 pm  #16

Great! I'll definitely do my best to make use of all the help being offered.

March 7, 2014 3:37 pm  #17

Not much luck getting people interested. Pushing the tour back to June for now.

Board footera