BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2012 9:04 pm  #1

Free Rants

Grr, worst day ever!
I have just suffered;
Geography, maths test, science test, Tennis Quiz, piano exam (which I've probably failed!)
Oh, and I've somehow managed to get a cold AND hay-fever at the same time! (I swear that shouldn't happen)
But it's OK, I'll eat some chocolate and try to heal the scars

But it's not all about me! Come and have your rants here, moan and graon about anything you want but no swearing, please (I do not want to pollute my young, innocent mind with dirty vocabulary!)

And we'll all try our bests to be sympathetic...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 21, 2012 9:30 pm  #2

Re: Free Rants

Don't worry Molly, I'm sure you'll be fine! Oh, chocolate, the best remedy ever : ).

I had my worst day Tuesday because of school too. Two courses and four exams : listening (not sure about that one, I invented most of the answers), reading and oral (really, it's the cruelest torture for me. I'm really shy, can't talk in English and have a very strange accent) in English. And worst of all, final integral calculus exam., 40% of the note ><. I only hope everything went fine!

And why is it so hot today! I miss winter and cold : (.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 21, 2012 9:50 pm  #3

I know what you mean, my french accent is seriously cheesy (trust me, it would make you cringe!)
Exactly, why can't the weather just be like we want it? It can't be that hard to accommodate the wishes of six billion people!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 21, 2012 11:09 pm  #4

I'm sorry you didn't have a good day, but hang in there.
Would it help to think WWSD?

June 22, 2012 7:01 am  #5

Molly, bad days are good to help us appreciate more the good days
Don't worry, it will pass

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 22, 2012 11:54 pm  #6

Molly  and milkomeda,  I  hope your bad days  turned out better for you.  I  am  past school age now,  but I know how it used to be--  exams were hard back then for ME  too.  I  never   understood the math stuff--  I  got  passing grades,  but I  just never could get it!!!   

I  have had a worrisome few weeks  due to my  hearing loss AND  my  cat!!   I  only  have one hearing aid working in my right ear,   cos the left earmold has had to be redone a second time.   Next week  I'll get it back,  and hopefully I'll  be able to balance my hearing.  however,  the left ear is worse than my right ear,  and drs are saying that  hearing aids won't help it much  cos the silly  little nerve hairs  (these are like very small porcupine sticks inside your ears or the feet of a jellyfish  upside down)       are almost all gone.   

My cat?  she's on  high BP  meds,  and I've called and emailed my vet,  but they havent responded!!    Cat threw up  the meds today.   she was doing fine on it,  but I started her on it 2 days ago.   Once a day.   She  eats very little,  and hasn't drunk much water today.  Vet says she is   almost blind.  she's an older cat,  abt  12  or 13 years old.  ok  rant over.   thanks for listening,   my sherlocked  friends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 23, 2012 12:13 am  #7

sherlockskitty -- I know how it is when you're worried about your pet. I hope all goes well.

June 23, 2012 1:59 am  #8

Oh, Sherlockskitty! That's really sad! I love cats, practically grew up with them and I have lost so many. They're my best friends since always and losing one is always hard, no matter how it happens. Disappearing or old age, the worries are terrible. I hope she'd more fine by the time. Courage!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 23, 2012 2:30 am  #9

thank  you veecee and milk!!   The vet did email me  and gave me some advice.  so---  what I will do now is just give my cat  blackarina  plenty  of good  loving!!   Her name is Blackarina cos she's my princess!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 23, 2012 8:29 am  #10

Ah, that's a lovely name! My Kitty is called Caspian, because he's my prince!
I hope Blackarina gets well again, I know what it's like to have a very ill cat; Jemima was our old-lady but died at the respectful age of 17 (She was pretty senile by then!)

June 23, 2012 9:06 am  #11

thanks molly  qand hello to you!!   I gather you are a narnia fan,  but I admit I've only seen the first movie.   thank you for your kindness.  Sorry to hear abt jemima.   My rant is,  I can't afford the  crazy  high vet costs,  but I  NEED a pet,  just like Sherlock needs an assistant!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 24, 2012 6:11 pm  #12

Hmm, I had to tidy the house today. That wasn't good. Particularly given the state it was in.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 24, 2012 7:45 pm  #13

I don't do tidying. It goes against my religion!

Unfortunately my Mum is an Atheist so...

June 24, 2012 8:01 pm  #14

I suck at housekeeping.   Which end of the vacum player is UP? and why does it keep chasing me around?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 24, 2012 8:01 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 24, 2012 8:06 pm  #15

Hee hee, my kitty is afraid of vacuum cleaners too. Really terrified; so much so that his fear has extended to electric toothbrushes!!

June 25, 2012 8:28 pm  #16

Uuuh, a free rant thread! :D
That's pretty awesome. I'm not that unhappy right now but it might be useful for a time where I am, haha.

For you unhappy souls out there: Let all your anger out here! I'm sure it will be better soon!

June 25, 2012 8:50 pm  #17

I am watching, for some unknown reason, the terrible film 'What Women Want'. It is without doubt the most ridiculous load of sexist, stereotyping I have ever been unlucky to have inflicted upon me! Drivel!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 25, 2012 11:21 pm  #18

Davina wrote:

I am watching, for some unknown reason, the terrible film 'What Women Want'. It is without doubt the most ridiculous load of sexist, stereotyping I have ever been unlucky to have inflicted upon me! Drivel!

Davina,
That's so funny. Sometimes I'll keep watching something awful just so I can rant at the screen. I can't do it with books, though. If I don't like it, I put it down (after reading a few passages to my husband so he can understand why I'm snorting in disgust).

June 26, 2012 2:50 am  #19

Davina wrote:

Um it's supposed to have ridiculous sexist stereotypes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 26, 2012 7:28 am  #20

It worked then. The ending was just so...blarghh!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera