BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2012 11:20 am  #1

POLL: Favourite character after Sherlock & John - Take 2

I've grabbed a list from the thread posted on this :
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=9&p=1

Please keep the discussion in that thread or things will get disjointed.

Now although Irene & Moriarty will not be regulars, I've kept them in as they have been impact characters thus far.

Last edited by kazza474 (June 16, 2012 11:21 am)

Which character after Sherlock and John is your favourite

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 12:52 am  #2

Re: POLL: Favourite character after Sherlock & John - Take 2

Yes, people who voted on the old one will have to vote again. Seems when I edited the first one, the extra characters 'fell off'. Poor old Irene & Anderson, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 21, 2012 3:21 am  #3

Oops, I mistook this for a new poll and voted again. I hope I didn't mess things up. 

June 21, 2012 10:24 am  #4

You know how you know majority of the users on this board are women? Because no-one's voted Irene even though she was naked in the show for crying out loud. If I hadn't already voted for Moriarty, I'd give some love to Irene.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 21, 2012 4:15 pm  #5

What about Anderson, he needs love too!
(yeah right...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 22, 2012 7:33 am  #6

Irene.  I was so enthralled with her, I started hunting for a pear shaped CZ ring.

Edit to add I really wanted to vote for Molly, too, because she's such a sweetheart.

Last edited by Maren (June 22, 2012 7:35 am)

June 29, 2012 4:40 am  #7

Mycroft for me; nobody else even close.

Last edited by deerstalker (June 29, 2012 4:41 am)

June 30, 2012 9:35 pm  #8

it says I already voted in this poll, so I can't vote for anyone else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 30, 2012 9:40 pm  #9

You can guess who I voted for!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 2, 2012 6:41 pm  #10

Lestrade. I love his quotes. :D
Greg LeSwag... ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research.

July 8, 2012 7:20 am  #11

I know he isn't canon with the show yet, but he's canon in the books, so can we add Sebastian Moran? Please? <3

-

July 8, 2012 7:43 am  #12

Sorry we can't add extras once the poll is made; it'd wipe all the votes.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 8, 2012 3:38 pm  #13

We will give Moran an honourary vote from you.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 8, 2012 4:09 pm  #14

Now although Irene & Moriarty will not be regulars, I've kept them in as they have been impact characters thus far.

LOL, Moriarty on top with Mycroft.
My love for Moriary, he always gives me a good laugh when he appears....
(I noticed 30 years ago that there is something with the bad and mad ones....  )

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 10, 2012 1:31 pm  #15

Dramagod wrote:

You know how you know majority of the users on this board are women? Because no-one's voted Irene even though she was naked in the show for crying out loud. If I hadn't already voted for Moriarty, I'd give some love to Irene.

I love all the cast, and Irene was my 2nd choice, but Andrew Scott's Moriarty was so hauntingly good, and just such a memorable performance, I had to give it my vote.

July 12, 2012 4:11 pm  #16

I choose Mycroft. In a way he is just as  fascinating and mysterious as Sherlock.
I also like the character of Henry Knight in the Baskerville case very much, nice guy, I was feeling  very sorry for him while watching the episode.

Last edited by saysomething (July 24, 2012 12:11 pm)

July 13, 2012 3:41 am  #17

But don't you wish they had showed a bit of him at the end, if not cured, at least relieved and able to function? I missed that. In the book we learn what happens to him after the adventure.

Last edited by veecee (July 13, 2012 3:42 am)

July 13, 2012 5:39 am  #18

Aww! He's ok. Well Russell is, anyway. Follow him on Twitter, if you're worried, like.

Last edited by Davina (July 13, 2012 5:47 am)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 13, 2012 6:14 pm  #19

Thanks. I feel better now.

August 13, 2012 4:54 pm  #20

Just discovered this poll and voted. Guess for who...

But I too think that Mycroft is an interesting character with a great depth about him, but also a certain comic potential.
I found Irene very mysterious, but I didn't like her for the way she treated Sherlock.

And Moriarty...well, he wins the poll, but I personally can't get myself to like him or even to find him funny. Still too damaged by Reichenbach presumably...

And well, Mrs. Hudson..."England would fall!" Quite right, in my opinion. I love the way Gatiss and Moffat extended her role from a seldom mentioned character to a part contributing a lot of warmth to the show.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

Board footera