BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2012 6:00 pm  #21

Re: Tell us what part of the world you come from

Wait, I don't actually get it at all, by understand I meant that I sort of knew what an ice-hole was (a hole in the ice?) but that's not very punny... please, please, PLEASE explain it;
I feel like I'm missing out on some real comic genius here! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 18, 2012 6:02 pm  #22

What other English words do you know that end in "-hole" and sound a little bit like "ice", especially ones you can kick?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

June 18, 2012 6:07 pm  #23

hypergreenfrog wrote:

What other English words do you know that end in "-hole" and sound a little bit like "ice", especially ones you can kick?

My guess:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 18, 2012 6:22 pm  #24

I almost fell off the chair when I saw your post there, hilarious!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

June 18, 2012 7:01 pm  #25

Haha...

I'm in the UK which I'm very pleased about...although still wish I lived a little nearer to London.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 18, 2012 7:03 pm  #26

I think we are going to continue having 0% for a north America somehow.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2012 3:26 am  #27

Hello!!!  I guess I'm the one from Russia))). That's a pity there wasn't Russia in the list, so I chose Asia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 21, 2012 10:21 am  #28

There should definitely be Russia in the poll. Welcome 221B.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2012 11:49 am  #29

Dramagod wrote:

There should definitely be Russia in the poll. Welcome 221B.

Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 21, 2012 11:56 am  #30

Québec, Canada ! Home of... maple syrup ?
Why North America, USA and Canada are on the post ? Isn't the North America a little useless ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 21, 2012 12:33 pm  #31

Ha ha! That's why I said I couldn't see North America getting any %!  unless, maybe Greenland?

You forgot poutine! A strange and mysterious culinary creation!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2012 1:19 pm  #32

Greenland? Well, maybe, it would make sense. I always think about it as it's in Europe, I don't know why.

Oh! Poutine! Yes, how did I forget it?But, strange and mysterious? xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2012 1:24 pm  #33

Dramagod wrote:

Is there a nickname for fans of Sherlock yet? As you know in the US people sometimes call themselves homies (as in homeboys) and holmies with a silent "L". Like: "yo what's up holmes?". So are we holmies or what?

I've never heard that one before. XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 21, 2012 1:26 pm  #34

How can chips, gravy and curdy- cheesy stuff not be 'strange and mysterious?' That said, my daughter like it. She says it is the Canadian version of 'cheesy chips'.

June 21, 2012 2:10 pm  #35

Chips are fries, aren't they? Really not the same meaning here. Cheesy chips? Yes, poutine seems a lot like that, but with sauce. Not so mysterious : ). Though, I understand, I find mince pie really strange!

June 21, 2012 2:26 pm  #36

Chips are indeed French Fries, although ours are often bigger and thicker.
I can understand why you would find mince pies strange, they are really medieval; spiced and super sweet and with suet...weird really.

June 21, 2012 7:54 pm  #37

I think I would go with Sherlockians, except it's so long. Holmesies? Fans of the TV show Glee are gleeks (glee + geeks), but shereeks, sheeks, shreeks -- just don't work.

Question: How many of you pronounce the "l" in "Holmes"?

June 21, 2012 7:57 pm  #38

Davina wrote:

although ours are often bigger and thicker.

I can confirm this. They're delicious. The chips.

June 21, 2012 8:11 pm  #39

Don't really say the L in HOLMES at all to me it sounds like HOMES; hence the play on words with the American TV series HOUSE.

June 21, 2012 8:35 pm  #40

Davina wrote:

Don't really say the L in HOLMES at all to me it sounds like HOMES; hence the play on words with the American TV series HOUSE.

House/Holmes, Wilson/Watson.

Board footera