BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2012 8:00 am  #21

Re: Olivia Poulet

Wholocked wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Knowing now that she was Ben's GF at the time, maybe the laughter was spontaneous and the editors decided to keep it in.

I very much doubt that. They're both professional actors, they wouldn't have let their personal relationship get into the scene at all.

The laughter is interesting. I assume that's Sherlock laughing at her reaction about the pin, running away from him and it, out of the room, etc. Whatever its origin, I find it interesting, because we so seldom see Sherlock showing any delight-- his facial expression and then that laughter a few seconds later show so clearly that he was genuinely tickled by her reaction to finding out the value of the hairpin. The only other scene I can remember, with spontaneous-looking sense of fun and laughter was the one with him and John, Sherlock wrapped in a sheet, at Buckingham Palace.  I wish we could see more of that side of him/them.

March 3, 2013 2:49 pm  #22

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh my god, was she Benedict's girlfriend? I had no idea...we're talking about the secretary in the bank right?

*slap*
Geez keep up!

Yessss the one with the 9 million pound hairpin.
Dear me, more study for you.

The ex-happy couple:

Not to be catty. even though I am, but Ben can do a lot better than her I am sure he is having a very good time these days

Olivia is a beautiful, talented woman.   I adore Benedict, but let's face it, he is not handsome man.  Ben was lucky to have her. She seems very sweet, talented, and attractive, and I doubt Ben would have stayed with her for 16 years if it had been otherwise.

I do understand that Benedict is in the 'big leagues' these days. And I am sure he's gonna get a lot of female attention - but probably for all the wrong reasons.   Women who want to date a famous, up-and-coming actor are not in it for the right reasons - marriage and family - something Benedict wants very badly. 

And look at that brief relationship he had with Anna Jones - she is georgous, but it didn't matter in the end.  My sincere hope is that, eventually, Ben and Olivia will get back together, marry, and have a bunch of kids. He seemed happiest with her. 

I wish Ben all the best regardless, and hope he finds the woman of his dreams - soon. But I am still holding out for a reunion with Olivia.

March 3, 2013 3:29 pm  #23

I don't know if he was happy with Olivia or with someone else or if she was happy with him.
I don't know what happened between them or between him and anyone else.

The only thing I know: It's not our business. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 7, 2013 2:53 am  #24

kaye wrote:

Olivia is a beautiful, talented woman.   I adore Benedict, but let's face it, he is not handsome man.  Ben was lucky to have her.

He is not handsome man???!!!

I can't think of any other I consider more handsome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 8, 2014 1:49 pm  #25

In the pictures I have seen they always looked very happy together, she seems a nice lady (as much as you can glean from a picture of someone!).

If Benedict doesn't want me I also hold out for a reunion with the 2 of them, especially as they still seem so close

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

February 8, 2014 3:54 pm  #26

The "he can do better" comments dissapoint me.  All we see is a photo and you can have your own opinion of her attractiveness to you.  However, a relationship is so much more than attractiveness.  You can't look at Olivia and judge her intelligance, her sense of humour, her strength or morality, all things that I think BC would value in a long term relationship.

Since I admire him as a person I would like to see BC end up in a happy marriage but I would not presume to judge someone he's dating just by a photo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 8, 2014 4:39 pm  #27

"tonnaree" wrote:

The "he can do better" comments dissapoint me.  

Me too. I think she seems lovely. I'm glad they are still good friends.

Oh...the quotes thingie doesn't seem to be working. (?)

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (February 8, 2014 4:40 pm)

February 16, 2014 10:20 pm  #28

In these days was reading about Ben's ex girlfriend but i had already watched The Blind Banker. So today i watch again and when Amanda appears i thought is Olivia?! Before in the end of the ep confirmed my doubt.

February 19, 2014 6:47 am  #29

I don't like talking about Benedict's private life or dig up facts of the past but them ending their relationship was sad news. We're talking ten plus years of memories together! Personally I'd love to see them back together just to have the comforting reassurance that Benedict has someone in his life. A man of his immense talent and success who has contributed so much to the world deserves to have someone to come home to. 

Besides, she appears to be a confident, independent individual with a very natural beauty about her.

February 19, 2014 2:40 pm  #30

Le Bear Polar wrote:

I don't like talking about Benedict's private life or dig up facts of the past but them ending their relationship was sad news. We're talking ten plus years of memories together! Personally I'd love to see them back together just to have the comforting reassurance that Benedict has someone in his life. A man of his immense talent and success who has contributed so much to the world deserves to have someone to come home to. Besides, she appears to be a confident, independent individual with a very natural beauty about her.

And why do we think he doesn't have "someone in his life," or "someone to come home to," hmmm?  If he's alone and not in a relationship, it must be of his own choosing, since the man could pick from dozens of people right now who would happily spend time on his arm. Just sayin'. He's a very private person, so I totally would think we'd all be the last to know, if and when he did find someone he wanted to see more than twice.

February 19, 2014 6:03 pm  #31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7IcxD0nY04

Benedict reading books with his shirt off. On holiday with Olivia.

February 20, 2014 12:07 pm  #32

I agree how we can know obout his personal life. And i think just think he deserves a new one not Olivia. I don't know maybe.. sometimes is so hard revive everything again and have a new woman is better (who loves him obviously) is a great thing!

February 20, 2014 12:08 pm  #33

ancientsgate wrote:

Le Bear Polar wrote:

I don't like talking about Benedict's private life or dig up facts of the past but them ending their relationship was sad news. We're talking ten plus years of memories together! Personally I'd love to see them back together just to have the comforting reassurance that Benedict has someone in his life. A man of his immense talent and success who has contributed so much to the world deserves to have someone to come home to. Besides, she appears to be a confident, independent individual with a very natural beauty about her.

And why do we think he doesn't have "someone in his life," or "someone to come home to," hmmm?  If he's alone and not in a relationship, it must be of his own choosing, since the man could pick from dozens of people right now who would happily spend time on his arm. Just sayin'. He's a very private person, so I totally would think we'd all be the last to know, if and when he did find someone he wanted to see more than twice.

I agree how we can know obout his personal life. And i think just think he deserves a new one not Olivia. I don't know maybe.. sometimes is so hard revive everything again and have a new woman is better (who loves him obviously) is a great thing!

February 20, 2014 12:35 pm  #34

joycemazzoco wrote:

There's something to be said for being relationship- and encumbrance-free as well. Nothing wrong with being alone with yourself. Fortunately for Ben, he at least appears to have the choice-- he's certainly old enough to know his own mind, he's gorgeous and successful, and he seems to be a really "nice" person, so I can't imagine that he couldn't find a quality person of either gender to spend time with or build a life with, if he wanted. I really wonder if he's also just too busy right now.

Last edited by ancientsgate (February 20, 2014 12:36 pm)

February 21, 2014 9:14 am  #35

Hey guys! Just wondered whether we could maybe keep this on topic to "Olivia Poulet" and discuss her and her career etc rather than a "who is Ben's ideal woman" thread. Thanks. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera