BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2014 8:11 pm  #1

Birmingham, Midlands based fans?

I'd love to know if there's anyone out there that's based in the midlands/birmingham area?

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 17, 2014 8:45 pm  #2

Re: Birmingham, Midlands based fans?

Hi Rebecca!  I sent you a pm, don't know if you received it or not. Hope I sent it correctly.  I sent a pm cos I put my email addie on there for if you wanted to contact me.  I'm about 7 miles outside Brum city centre.

asylum69

February 18, 2014 11:06 am  #3

Did you guys know that there are regular East Midlands Sherlock meet ups held in a cafe near New Street station?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 18, 2014 11:09 am  #4

Really?! I did not know about this!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 18, 2014 2:36 pm  #5

Yup. I'm on their mailing list and I've been to both of them so far, so I'll let you know when the next one is and post it up on here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 18, 2014 3:10 pm  #6

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'd love to attend one!

February 18, 2014 10:12 pm  #7

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Did you guys know that there are regular East Midlands Sherlock meet ups held in a cafe near New Street station?

Woah, that's fantastic. That's easy enough to get to.  

February 18, 2014 10:13 pm  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yup. I'm on their mailing list and I've been to both of them so far, so I'll let you know when the next one is and post it up on here.

Thanks, that's great, I'll keep an eye out on the board for that, definitely!!

May 27, 2014 4:54 pm  #9

Birmingham meet up on 7th June

http://sherlock-meetup.livejournal.com/47303.html

June 8, 2014 9:27 pm  #10

Did any of you guys go??? Was it good????

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

June 10, 2014 12:41 pm  #11

Yeah, I went. It was awesome, as usual. I won the quiz this time too, yayyyyy. And we also came up with a name for the group - The Birmingham New Street Irregulars. One of them is going to start running a newsletter which we can all contribute articles, stories and fan art to and I'm thinking I'll probably set up a website for them too. 

June 18, 2014 4:24 pm  #12

I just booked flights to Birmingham for Aug 7 to Aug 10. Yay! My intention is to visit my best friend and attend a concert together on Thursday, but if anyone in the area (or even from further away) would be up for a meeting or other Sherlock-related shenanigans in the wider Birmingham/Banbury area, I'd totally be game. Even if it's just a nice night out in a pub...

I have nothing planned for Friday (especially during the day since my friend has to work), but I guess Saturday would work too. Thursday and Sunday are already booked. And it'd have to be a location that I can reach from Banbury without a car (so train or bus).

Anyone up for a Sherlock meet?

Last edited by TeeJay (June 18, 2014 4:25 pm)

July 31, 2014 5:19 pm  #13

I would! If anyone else is game it might be nice to get a little group together. It's my birthday on August 10th.

Board footera