BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 6:12 pm  #41

Re: Critic Choice Awards Winners - YES WE WON SOMETHING

kazza474 wrote:

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series | Ty Burrell, Modern Family
“I just can’t believe I have a job. I spent the bulk of my life unemployed, so much so that when I walk into a room like this my first instinct is to case the place for food. My fake wife (Julie Bowen) can attest to that."

Also deserving, IMHO.

June 19, 2012 6:13 pm  #42

kazza474 wrote:

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy | Julie Bowen, Modern Family
“This means a lot coming from [presenter] Ginny [Goodwin], who started her career playing one of my students on Ed… which is weird because we’re the same age now. It happens," Bowen said with a laugh. “Thank you for recognizing a show that is so fun to do with such fun people. Thank you to my fake children, especially my daughters who provide me with the non-penis time I’m never gonna get at home."

She's good. Unfortunately, her character is a control freak, so she sort of puts you off. But it's excellent casting.

June 19, 2012 6:14 pm  #43

kazza474 wrote:

Best Actress in a Comedy Series (TIE) | Zooey Deschanel, New Girl… and Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

Aubrey Plaza, accepting for Poehler: “Amy said she trusted me, that I would know the right this to say on her behalf. So… on behalf of Amy, I want to thank the devil and all the dark lords!"

Zooey Deschanel: “Oh my god, I’ve never won anything before. Literally not since 5th grade student council… Liz Meriwether, thank you for creating this show. Ugh, I love you. Best cast ever. I feel like I should be funny. I wish I had the Parks and Rec people to accept my award for me."

Zooey accepting her award

Both are adorable on their shows, but I would most like to know Leslie Knope (Amy's character) in Parks and Rep in real life.

June 19, 2012 6:18 pm  #44

Oh, yayyyyyyyy!!! I am so happy for Benedict and the show. Yay, yay, yay!

June 19, 2012 6:34 pm  #45

So this is where you are all hiding!

I posted in 'latest news' when I got home this evening. I couldn't believe that no one else had seen or heard about the awards and I couldn't find any other posts.

Sooo lonely!

Big yeah for Sherlock and Benedict though

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera