BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2012 7:52 pm  #1

Repeat of Martin Freeman's "Who do you think you are"

This evening at 9.00pm (8 minutes time!)

Sorry about the short notice

edit Should have mentioned, on 'Yesterday'

Last edited by JaneCo (May 3, 2012 8:00 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 3, 2012 10:14 pm  #2

Re: Repeat of Martin Freeman's "Who do you think you are"

Damn missed it! Watching Hawking. There's an irony!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 6, 2012 3:11 pm  #3

Saw it on Youtube, loved it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

August 7, 2012 8:51 am  #4

This episode is being shown on Australian tv tonight at 7.30 on SBS. Sorry for the short notice, only just found out about it myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 12, 2012 9:22 pm  #5

I just watched this on Youtube also (thanks to Ancientsgate pointing it out to me) and had so many good 'feels' from it.  I really liked they way the show allowed Martin go on his ancestor search without too much intrusion from the folks behind the scenes who put the show together.  So, being allowed into his home and the home of his brother and then going all around England with him was an almost intimate experience.  Kind of like, just me and Martin walking around together.  Also, his look, gait, voice, clothes, and age appearance were all very 'John Watson'.  So, not only was I walking all over England with Martin, it also felt like I was going around with John.  It was very nice to feel back in touch with my favorite actor during this long hiatus.

I could fully relate to his feelings about his grandfather at Dunkirk.  I just found out my great great grandfather was killed at Gettysburg on the first day of fighting.  We recently visited Gettysburg and I found his name on the Pennsylvania Monument.  There is something very moving about seeing it 'carved in stone'.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 15, 2014 9:50 pm  #6

I just watched this on YouTube.
Fascinating to discover his grandfather was an army doctor (of sorts), and that his brother is called Benedict!

I recommend it if you haven't seen it -

Board footera