BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 12, 2014 5:01 pm  #1

A thing I just noticed

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I've been rewatching ASiB and I just realised that when Sherlock is about to open the safe, he looks at Irene and she looks pointedly at the ground, right before the 'Vatican Cameos' bit. I'd never noticed this before and always wondered how he knew about the gun. She told him!

February 12, 2014 10:29 pm  #2

Re: A thing I just noticed

I always interpreted that as her looking down at herself, her own body, and thus helping him figure out what the safe code was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

February 12, 2014 10:37 pm  #3

Wholocked wrote:

I always interpreted that as her looking down at herself, her own body, and thus helping him figure out what the safe code was.

She looks down after he's already used the code and is about to open the safe. So I always assumed it was a warning.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 12, 2014 11:02 pm  #4

Happily, you're both right.  She looks down at her body to tell him the code.  Then, before he opens the safe, realizing it might be doodbytrapped, he looks at her again.  This time, she looks down and away, to the right, as if to show avoidance.  He yells, "Vatican cameos", and the three of them begin to move out of the way.

Last edited by OOthoon13 (February 12, 2014 11:02 pm)

February 13, 2014 9:18 am  #5

I did figure it was a warning too; and she knew Sherlock was clever enough to get it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera