BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2014 2:54 pm  #1

Musical tastes

Hey everyone,

If I were to ever meet dear Ben, my first question would be, what's your favourite music.

I think music is a huge indicator to character and soul - there's songs on my playlist that make me think of him. But I wonder what's on his playlist.

So my question is, does anyone know what music he likes?

And what songs/artists make you think of him? Mine are Elbow, the Temper Trap, Coldplay and Kings of Convenience.

I'm clueing for looks

February 11, 2014 3:26 pm  #2

Re: Musical tastes

He's mentioned time and again that he's a fan of Sigur Ros, which really completely ruined me because I love Sigur Ros too. I think in the Reddit AMA he did the last time he did mention Alt-J, Elbow...plus here's an old article  regarding his "top 10 tunes".

My personal faves are Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Sigur Ros, Of Monsters and Men, Bastille...too many to name! 

February 11, 2014 3:30 pm  #3

I've never listened to Sigur Ros...so they're good then?

I'm clueing for looks

February 11, 2014 3:32 pm  #4

I've only listened to a few songs of Sigur Ros, and I think that style of music is beautiful!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 11, 2014 3:37 pm  #5

Ooh I'll have to check them out. That article is very interesting - Bowie and Wonder, the boy has taste ;)

I'm clueing for looks

February 11, 2014 3:44 pm  #6

Pretty good stuff! Worth a listen.  Amusingly enough, I first heard SR in the BBC One Original Drama 2013 trailer as the backing track and I thought, I totally have to check this out!

Btw, Rebeccaholmes, your signature just paints a stupid grin on my face every time I see it. 

Last edited by Le Bear Polar (February 11, 2014 3:46 pm)

Board footera