BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2014 8:40 am  #1

15th February Fandom Day

Ok, not quite a meet up as such but this seems like the best place to put this.....Further details to follow....(making you wait a bit is very Moftiss & Sherlock-like eh!)

Last edited by Davina (February 2, 2014 9:09 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 6, 2014 2:28 pm  #2

Re: 15th February Fandom Day

So...after the hiatus...on February 15th there is a Fandomapocalypse Day. The organisers want anyone who belongs to ANY fandom to write 'Fandomapocalypse' on their left forearm in GREEN pen. They also want people to wear ANY article relating to their fandom. The idea is that if you do this and see anyone else doing the same you go up to them & say 'hi' or give them a hug or something. The idea is to bring people from different fandoms together for one day.

Personally, I am likely to wear a blue scarf tied in a certain way, but may have to divide my loyalties by wearing a self-customised Loki t-shirt as well. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 6, 2014 4:03 pm  #3

Sounds good to me. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 6, 2014 8:58 pm  #4

Oh, what a nice idea and that even on my birthday  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 7, 2014 10:52 am  #5

What a lovely way to celebrate! Happy birthday in advance (in case I am, as usual, fashionably late! ) 

February 7, 2014 11:20 am  #6

What an awesome idea! Sadly I will be at my mothers, so no social interactions and chances to meet likeminded folks!

But I think I will do this!

Blue scarf and Doctor Who badges for me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 7, 2014 11:28 am  #7

Yay! Off to order the T-shirt and the diamanté I need now. 

February 7, 2014 2:39 pm  #8

Damn.  I can't wear my Sherlock T-shirt and my Star Wars T-shirt at the same time.

The 15th is one of the days I take my mom grocery shopping.  Will be interesting to see if I spot any other fans at the store.    

Last edited by tonnaree (February 7, 2014 2:40 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 7, 2014 8:06 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

So...after the hiatus...on February 15th there is a Fandomapocalypse Day. The organisers want anyone who belongs to ANY fandom to write 'Fandomapocalypse' on their left forearm in GREEN pen. They also want people to wear ANY article relating to their fandom. The idea is that if you do this and see anyone else doing the same you go up to them & say 'hi' or give them a hug or something. The idea is to bring people from different fandoms together for one day.

Personally, I am likely to wear a blue scarf tied in a certain way, but may have to divide my loyalties by wearing a self-customised Loki t-shirt as well.

This is a cute idea. I can wear a Sherlock s-shirt to my exercise class.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen some good Sherlock Sherlock 3 t-shirts? By Sherlock Sherlock 3, I mean with Sherlock himself on them. The Moriarty Miss Me ones are easy to find, but I haven't been thrilled with the ones with Sherlock on them that I've seen -- even at Redbubble where I got my Sherlocked one. Sorry if this belongs in another thread.

Thanks.

February 7, 2014 8:08 pm  #10

As for the other part, except for at the gym, most of us don't have our forearms exposed in February in Michigan.

Last edited by veecee (February 7, 2014 8:08 pm)

February 7, 2014 8:31 pm  #11

One more thought:
What makes it an apocalypse? It's not the end of the world.
Still, fun, and I hope I remember to participate.

February 8, 2014 6:24 pm  #12

Not too many people are walking around with T-shirts here either (mostly because IT KEEPS RAINING!). I am prepared to be a martyr though. As for apocalypse I thin the idea is that a lot of fandoms are antagonistic towards each other and that this day, no matter which fandom someone's follows/stalks everyone should be friendly with each other.

I was thinking though...what will people with tattoos on their left forearm do? 

I've ordered my Loki T-shirt, it is a guys one but I really likes the picture n it. Plus I've ordered some free diamanté which I am going to adorn it with. My blue scarf is ready and waiting!

February 8, 2014 11:29 pm  #13

Davina wrote:

Not too many people are walking around with T-shirts here either (mostly because IT KEEPS RAINING!). I am prepared to be a martyr though. As for apocalypse I thin the idea is that a lot of fandoms are antagonistic towards each other and that this day, no matter which fandom someone's follows/stalks everyone should be friendly with each other.

I was thinking though...what will people with tattoos on their left forearm do?

I've ordered my Loki T-shirt, it is a guys one but I really likes the picture n it. Plus I've ordered some free diamanté which I am going to adorn it with. My blue scarf is ready and waiting!

Loki?

February 8, 2014 11:32 pm  #14

Ok.  Have decided that for a start I will wear my Sherlock t-shirt with my May The Force Be With You button on it.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 9, 2014 2:28 pm  #15

Yes! I divided loyalties (please be kind to me!) so I shall wear a Sherlock scarf and a Loki T-shirt. 

February 9, 2014 3:59 pm  #16

Hello, all! Nice to meet you! ^_^ So, I haven't met many Sherlockians around where I live (which is Michigan, USA), and then I had this idea that maybe sometime later in the spring I could organize a meetup around here in hopes of meeting some Sherlock fans. I've been a longtime admin of many Facebook fanpages, so I definitely hope to connect with many more fans outside of the internet. If you'd possibly be interested, please PM me! 

February 9, 2014 7:25 pm  #17

Where in Michigan?!

Board footera