BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2012 10:18 pm  #41

Re: What makes you unique?

Thank you Sherli..you are very sweet. I am sure you have many wonderful unique qualities but are far too modest to remember them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 17, 2012 3:56 am  #42

It's wonderful of you to admit to that, SP,  I  am glad you felt comfortable enough to do it.

Another way I'm unique  and i  mentioned this in another thread--  I am  hearing impaired in both ears,  have been since birth.   Nerve damage.   The little nerve hairs  (they look like porcupine sticks that stick  up,  or  like the feet of jellyfish upside down)   have  been  bent out of shape  by  something or other.   Or they  are just not THERE.  So,  I  have to wear hearing aids.   the ones I have now are not working according to plan.   I'm so not pleased.   

To get around this 'bloody'  disadvantage,   I   sometimes  tell ppl  when I first meet them...'I'm deafer than a doorknob'   and that always breaks the tension that I feel.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 17, 2012 4:05 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 17, 2012 4:06 am  #43

Janine - It's fine. It's all fine.
As the song goes, "I enjoy being a girl!" Why shouldn't you, too?
Sherli - Everyone is unique, you just haven't recognized in what way you are.

June 17, 2012 11:51 am  #44

hepzibah wrote:

OMG, you are what??? Only kidding, my darling, I think it must take enormous courage to make that admission both here and in real life. And womens clothes are so much nicer than mens clothes, don't you think? All that blue and grey, blah! Except for Benny and Martin, of course, at least their clothes are interesting, both on the show and in real life. Have you seen the site whatareyouwearingbenedict.com? So funny!!

Anyway, if any body gives you a hard time, refer them to me. I know Kung Fu (not really, but I can pretend)

lots of love and kisses 

Thanks hepzibah. I love your sense of humor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 17, 2012 11:55 am  #45

sherlockskitty wrote:

It's wonderful of you to admit to that, SP,  I  am glad you felt comfortable enough to do it.

Another way I'm unique  and i  mentioned this in another thread--  I am  hearing impaired in both ears,  have been since birth.   Nerve damage.   The little nerve hairs  (they look like porcupine sticks that stick  up,  or  like the feet of jellyfish upside down)   have  been  bent out of shape  by  something or other.   Or they  are just not THERE.  So,  I  have to wear hearing aids.   the ones I have now are not working according to plan.   I'm so not pleased.   

To get around this 'bloody'  disadvantage,   I   sometimes  tell ppl  when I first meet them...'I'm deafer than a doorknob'   and that always breaks the tension that I feel.

Thanks kitty...yes I feel quite comfy here Sort of like sitting around the fire at the original 221B We have the ear thing in common, you poor thing. I have Meniere's Disease and have very little hearing left in my right ear. My boyfriend snores so I just sleep on my left side.. Works out well

June 17, 2012 1:52 pm  #46

Brave of you, SP, to share something as intimate as that. Of course it changes absolutely nothing about how I feel about you. Well, in fact it does... I think doing something like that requires (sadly still nowadays) a lot of courage and self conscience most people doesn't have. So, from the bottom of my heart, bravo for you.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 17, 2012 1:55 pm  #47

Irene Adler wrote:

Brave of you, SP, to share something as intimate as that. Of course it changes absolutely nothing about how I feel about you. Well, in fact it does... I think doing something like that requires (sadly still nowadays) a lot of courage and self conscience most people doesn't have. So, from the bottom of my heart, bravo for you.

Irene I adore you...thank you

June 17, 2012 4:58 pm  #48

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

Irene I adore you...thank you

You're more than welcome

Last edited by Irene Adler (June 17, 2012 4:58 pm)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 17, 2012 5:20 pm  #49

SP, my deepest respect to you for sharing this with us.
I view myself as a Buddhist in the making and try to meditate each day. It has helped me enormously when I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease one and a half years ago. I am feeling very well at the moment and try to enjoy each day as it comes - and my time in this forum  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2012 5:28 pm  #50

Yes, SP, it doesn't matter at all! From what you've written I think you are a very lovely woman!!
And girls are better than boys! 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 17, 2012 5:35 pm  #51

Janine - you rule!  I'm still pretty new here and haven't a lot of time to sort out the personalities that go with the avatars, but I always find your posts to be wise and kind.  Nothing you've revealed on this thread changes my mind in any way.  I'm so happy for you that you have become what you were meant to be and have found peace and happiness.

I guess my one unique trait is that I have a decent soprano voice and have made a bit of extra cash singing for weddings and funerals. I've been singing with a local choral group for a number of years - heavy duty classical stuff, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven - but my first love is musical theater and light opera.  I'm a dreadful actress but thanks to my voice I've been fortunate enough to play such roles as Maria in "The Sound of Music" and Guinevere in "Camelot" in amateur productions. I've always been fascinated by stagecraft and the creative process of a production. Unfortunately, this is not what I do for a living - but wish it could be.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 17, 2012 7:00 pm  #52

veecee wrote:

Janine - It's fine. It's all fine.
As the song goes, "I enjoy being a girl!" Why shouldn't you, too?
Sherli - Everyone is unique, you just haven't recognized in what way you are.

veecee thanks,  what a lovely comment. I do enjoy living as my true self

June 17, 2012 7:02 pm  #53

Molly Hooper wrote:

Yes, SP, it doesn't matter at all! From what you've written I think you are a very lovely woman!!
And girls are better than boys! 

Molly, thank you. How kind. You are all so wonderful here. I wish I could meet you in person. We need a big party

June 17, 2012 7:03 pm  #54

KeepersPrice wrote:

Janine - you rule!  I'm still pretty new here and haven't a lot of time to sort out the personalities that go with the avatars, but I always find your posts to be wise and kind.  Nothing you've revealed on this thread changes my mind in any way.  I'm so happy for you that you have become what you were meant to be and have found peace and happiness.

I guess my one unique trait is that I have a decent soprano voice and have made a bit of extra cash singing for weddings and funerals. I've been singing with a local choral group for a number of years - heavy duty classical stuff, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven - but my first love is musical theater and light opera.  I'm a dreadful actress but thanks to my voice I've been fortunate enough to play such roles as Maria in "The Sound of Music" and Guinevere in "Camelot" in amateur productions. I've always been fascinated by stagecraft and the creative process of a production. Unfortunately, this is not what I do for a living - but wish it could be.

Thanks Keeper.. You ARE indeed a keeper

June 17, 2012 7:06 pm  #55

SusiGo wrote:

I view myself as a Buddhist in the making and try to meditate each day. It has helped me enormously when I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease one and a half years ago. I am feeling very well at the moment and try to enjoy each day as it comes - and my time in this forum  .

Susi.. i will put you in my prayers...i hope your illness stays under control...bless you

June 17, 2012 11:10 pm  #56

SusiGo wrote:

SusiGo,
I'm glad you are doing well now, and I hope you continue to do so.

June 17, 2012 11:14 pm  #57

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

Thanks kitty...yes I feel quite comfy here Sort of like sitting around the fire at the original 221B We have the ear thing in common, you poor thing. I have Meniere's Disease and have very little hearing left in my right ear. My boyfriend snores so I just sleep on my left side.. Works out well

I had to chuckle about the doorknob comment. I have fine vision with my glasses or contacts, but extraordinarily bad vision without. I swim regularly and have to tell people I meet at the pool that I am blind as a bat and not to be offended when I don't recognize them next time. Really, I have even walked right past my own next-door neighbor in the locker room without so much as a hint of recognition.

June 17, 2012 11:18 pm  #58

I don't know if this makes me unique, but it is challenging. I have a touch of OCD, but can also be quite lazy. Something can really be bothering me if it isn't just so, but I won't bother to fix it. 
Also, I have read all the Harry Potter books in six languages. (But this is still the only fan forum I've ever joined, so Sherlock must have something over Harry.)

June 17, 2012 11:58 pm  #59

I train and run a Portuguese Water Dog in AKC agility:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvaH5dYKzVw

Fetchinketch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

June 18, 2012 12:44 am  #60

Fetchinketch wrote:

I train and run a Portuguese Water Dog in AKC agility:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvaH5dYKzVw

Fetchinketch

Hence your user name?

Board footera