BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2014 11:59 am  #41

Re: Gatiss and Hiddleston in Coriolanus

I'm going, too.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

January 28, 2014 12:08 pm  #42

I shall have to wait until 6 March which is better than nothing. Wish you a wonderful evening. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 28, 2014 12:33 pm  #43

There are 500 more tickets for the Screening at Cinestar Düsseldorf (Jan, 30th) if anyone is interested. Cinema 3 will show Coriolanus, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

January 28, 2014 8:14 pm  #44

I don't believe it. I phoned them only last week and they told me there would not be a second screening as this was technically impossible for a live screening. So I bought tickets for March at UCI. But thank you anyway for posting this. Cinestar is just not very well organised. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 29, 2014 10:53 pm  #45

I love him, I just looove him!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 30, 2014 6:31 am  #46

Tee Hee!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 30, 2014 7:17 am  #47

Very excited about finally getting to see it tonight. The reviews I've read so far all sounded quite enthusiastic!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

January 30, 2014 7:17 am  #48

Yep, I can't wait!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 30, 2014 7:39 am  #49

gently69 wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I love him, I just looove him!

Ha ha, great!

Wish all of you a lot of fun.

Last edited by gently69 (January 30, 2014 7:40 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 30, 2014 7:49 am  #50

Nothing better than a good laugh in the morning. Thanks, Mark. 

And have a great evening (while some other members watch Frankenstein which is not so bad either). 

January 30, 2014 8:13 am  #51

SusiGo wrote:

...(while some other members watch Frankenstein which is not so bad either). 

Well... I hope so. Because I travel to the "Forbidden City". Quote from our favourite detective... "Exit visas are scarce in... Cologne" (for this kind of occasion)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

January 30, 2014 10:36 am  #52

Prepare yourselves, ladies, Tom is preparing, too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d30XZhnRWs

And oh my, Mark...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 30, 2014 11:59 am  #53

That tweet really made me laugh when I saw it on my twitter feed this morning. 

I posted on Facebook last night a couple of photos from The Donmar Warehouse with Tom covered in blood and Tom under a shower and tagged the friend with whom I am going to watch the play tonight. There followed a rather, slightly,  pervy game of what can only be described  as verbal 'shower poker' between us! It was so, so funny!  We were in fits of giggles by the end! Heavens only knows what will happen once we get to that scene in the cinema tonight. (Could be embarrassing!) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 31, 2014 6:48 am  #54

I absolutely loved the play, what a performance! Just amazing! Mark Gatiss was bloody (no pun intended, there was a lot of blood) brilliant and so was Tom Hiddleston. At the end I was actually in tears, Hiddleston's performance was so convincing.
Highly recommend it!

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

January 31, 2014 6:49 am  #55

That's if you can get tickets!
Yes, it was brilliant!

January 31, 2014 8:01 am  #56

How big is Mr. Gatiss' part in it?

(Tony Hadley)

January 31, 2014 8:11 am  #57

Oh, I would say he has got the second biggest part right after Hiddleston, so if you're a fan of Gatiss (and I am a huge fan of Gatiss) it's definitely worth going.

January 31, 2014 8:26 am  #58

That's tempting. But i will be a logistic problem. I heard that it lasts nearly 3 hours.?

(Tony Hadley)

January 31, 2014 8:27 am  #59

Oh yes, it was amazing!
Definitely a completely different experience than "Frankenstein", lots of talking, not always easy to follow. I'm not sure if I had been able to follow everything if I hadn't known the play already.
A pretty straightforward production on a comparably small stage, but they made the best of it. And yes, the last twenty minutes were breathtaking... Tom was so brilliant, he actually made me cry a bit.

Mark's part is very important, I would say that he and the actress who plays Coriolanus' mother both have the second biggest part after Tom.

And lots of fangirls in the cinema...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 31, 2014 8:34 am  #60

Oh... Gosh... and again I'm thinking of something... stupid.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera