BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2014 8:28 am  #1

Series 3 DVD Extras

Didn't really know where to put these so I figured 'News' would have to suffice!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a6tl0

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a6u4c

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a6us9

Apparently the video tag doesn't work with the dailymotion url so you'll have to go over there to look at them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 25, 2014 3:08 pm  #2

Re: Series 3 DVD Extras

Thanks Wholocked, I probably wouldn't get them in my courntry so this is really nice. 

January 26, 2014 12:48 am  #3

Thanks for posting the links; the videos are great!  I really enjoyed seeing how certain scenes were filmed--that was fascinating.  The commentary by Moftiss was good, too, but they were very tantalizing at the end of the third video when they basically said the theory presented to Anderson in TEH as to how Sherlock survived might not actually be what really happened.  I don't think we'll ever know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 26, 2014 8:16 am  #4

There is also an extra on iTunes/Amazon available only to Americans for some reason called "Sherlock Uncovered: The Return". I tried buying it and it didn't let me, so if anyone can find it and post a link, I'd be extremely grateful.

January 26, 2014 9:47 am  #5

It's also available on amazon.com, but I think you can only buy streaming videos there if you have a US IP address and a US bank account/credit card.

January 26, 2014 11:33 am  #6

That's the problem, I don't live in the US so I don't have a US credit card and a US IP address.

January 26, 2014 1:03 pm  #7

Yeah, same here for me with the geolock, although of course there are ways around it. Someone once told me that apparently you can watch US streaming content on amazon.com from elsewhere if you've got IP masking software that gives you a US IP address and if you use an amazon gift card to pay.

I found that the video is also available via YouTube/Google, but also only for US IP addresses, and it costs $2 (standard) and $3 (HD). I have no idea if, when you pay for it, you can also download it, or just watch it.

January 26, 2014 1:30 pm  #8

You can stream it or download it if you have the app to do so.  It's not a generic file format, you wouldn't be able to play it outside of the Amazon app.  We use Amazon Prime to stream movies and play them on our Xbox One.

"Sherlock Uncovered" was a PBS special, not a BBC special.  That's why it's available to US customers- however, I suspect it's very similar to "Shooting Sherlock" on the UK version.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 26, 2014 2:24 pm  #9

It would be interesting to know if you can download it if you buy it via YouTube, because theoretically then you'd get it in mp4 or something similarly conversion-friendly.

January 26, 2014 3:11 pm  #10

I tried everything and I still can't buy it. And it's understandable why people don't want to upload it - they paid for it after all. It's a shame that only US fans get to watch it and international fans can't.

January 26, 2014 4:25 pm  #11

Shooting Sherlock is pretty much what it says - about the shooting scene with Mary.

EDIT: Found it on youtube. Got Russian subtitles though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcoC0whfdQU

Last edited by kittykat (January 26, 2014 4:28 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 26, 2014 4:50 pm  #12

Actually, "Sherlock Uncovered" is similar to the "Legacy of Sherlock Holmes" on the UK version.  The PBS version has a bit more of the show's history in it, though.

Last edited by sj4iy (January 26, 2014 4:51 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 26, 2014 5:12 pm  #13

If you can access the links that Wholocked posted at the top of this thread, then you can watch the Shooting Sherlock video.  I think it's the middle one.  I'm in the US and could view it.  I didn't know PBS was going to show something extra after the episode--despite me being on a mailing list for info about upcoming shows--so I haven't seen Sherlock Uncovered.  (I did find something on YouTube but it's from 2012 and only discusses Series 1 and 2; it has Korean subtitles.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 26, 2014 6:54 pm  #14

sj4iy wrote:

Actually, "Sherlock Uncovered" is similar to the "Legacy of Sherlock Holmes" on the UK version.  The PBS version has a bit more of the show's history in it, though.

Yes, and Shooting Sherlock is not the same thing. It's about that scene with Mary.

Trust me, I have my DVD right here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 26, 2014 8:21 pm  #15

I have yet to enjoy the extras.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 27, 2014 1:07 am  #16

The extras is the most exciting part of all this. It's very exciting and weird,at the same time, to see the casting being themselves, since we are used to seing Sherlock, John, Mary and the others. This is something that has always caught my attention.
But on the other hand, when I see it, the surprises and exciting moments of the series vanishes because we get to know the "trick".
But anyway, thanks a lot for sharing the links!!!  Making a tv serie seems to be a very complex work, it's a great team work!!! 

Last edited by spanisherlock (January 27, 2014 1:10 am)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

January 27, 2014 5:36 pm  #17

I have the UK Bluray edition for series 1, 2 and 3 (the 3 is actually in its way to Chile). So I would like to know if any of these extras available in the US iTunes Store is not included in the mentioned UK edition (sorry, not clear from previous posts):

From series 2:

From series 3:

* Unlocking Sherlock

* Sherlock Uncovered: The Women

* Sherlock Uncovered: The Return

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by Mrs. Watson (January 27, 2014 5:38 pm)

January 30, 2014 5:45 pm  #18

I found the series 3 Sherlock Uncovered: The Return on Dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1aewuz_s03-sherlock-uncovered-the-return_shortfilms

Last edited by TeeJay (January 30, 2014 5:46 pm)

Board footera