BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2013 7:19 am  #21

Re: Gatiss and Hiddleston in Coriolanus

I know that Mark has close links with the Donmar. He was in another play fairly recently (about Charles 1). I think, apart from the National and one or two other theatres it is hard to stage Shakespeare in the West End. Also many theatres have productions in long runs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 16, 2013 7:37 am  #22

I thought the Charles 1 one was at The Hampstead theatre?
Oh it moved to the Donmar I think...

Last edited by besleybean (June 16, 2013 7:38 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 25, 2013 8:19 am  #23

I can't believe it -- I scored a ticket to opening night, December 12!  It was so worth staying up past 1am on a work night!   I think trying for only one ticket, and asking just for the best available rather than trying to pick and choose, probably helped.  Go, me!

Anna M.C.

---------------------------------------------------------

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

June 25, 2013 8:20 am  #24

Congrats, Anna, that's wonderful. What an early Christmas present! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 25, 2013 8:41 am  #25

Thank you -- this month-long trip to London is one huge early Christmas present to myself, but that play will definitely make the shiniest of shiny bows to wrap it up.

Davina, did you get a ticket?  Hope so!

Only bad thing is that I swilled so much tea in the last hour to stay awake that I'm now buzzed and twitchy on the caffeine, with no prospect of falling asleep in the near future, and I have to go to work in a few hours.  When I'm a sleep-deprived zombie tomorrow, I'll tell my colleagues to blame it on Mark Gatiss and Tom Hiddleston.  And time zones.  And tea.

Anna M.C.

Will happily pay the annual license fee for legal US iPlayer access. BBC lawyers, *please* take my money.

June 26, 2013 8:33 pm  #26

Gutted! Went to my sister's yesterday (making funeral arrangements) and totally forgot about getting tickets and now they have ALL SOLD OUT!  My only consolation is that at least I have tickets to watch it live at the cinema. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 26, 2013 8:36 pm  #27

I'm gonna get my cienma ones nearer the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 4, 2013 9:17 pm  #28

I'm so sorry you didn't get a ticket, Davina. Remember, they'll be releasing Barclay's Front Row tickets on November 25, and several other days.  So you'll have another chance! 

Anna M.C.

August 1, 2013 5:56 pm  #29

It will be shown in six Cinemaxx' in Germany if anyone is interested, Berlin, Bremen, Kiel, Regensburg, Stuttgart, Würzburg

30.01.2014 at 8 p.m. 18€

I'm thinking about it. I'm also interested in Macbeth with Sir Ken Branagh on 17. October and you can watch Frankenstein again on 5. December!

All with English subtitles, which might be a good thing.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 4, 2013 11:37 am  #30

Thanks for the heads up Anna! Going to put a reminder in my diary!

August 4, 2013 11:39 am  #31

I have my ticket for the livelink!

August 4, 2013 12:03 pm  #32

We shall be watching it the same time!

August 4, 2013 12:20 pm  #33

Yay!

August 13, 2013 10:55 am  #34

Just secured my ticket, can't wait to see this! Mark Gatiss is just a wonderful actor (and a stunning writer, I am currently reading the first Lucifer Box novel and loving it!)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 13, 2013 2:08 pm  #35

Ivy wrote:

It will be shown in six Cinemaxx' in Germany if anyone is interested, Berlin, Bremen, Kiel, Regensburg, Stuttgart, Würzburg

Hm, where did you get that information from, is it on the NT-website? I didn't find any information about screenings in Germany there. But it will also be shown in Frankfurt, that's where I'm going to go and see it.
I also have tickets for Macbeth with Branagh, I'm sure it will be just great.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 27, 2014 7:58 am  #36

This Thursday! Eeeek! 7pm local cinema! Eeeek! Not that I'm excited! 

January 27, 2014 11:22 am  #37

And you're not the only one, Davina! Can't wait..!!!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 27, 2014 1:02 pm  #38

So deeply jealous of anyone getting to see this.  The photos I've seen look amazing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 27, 2014 4:32 pm  #39

I'm going, too!

January 28, 2014 10:43 am  #40

Oh fantastic! We can share the experience! Albeit at a distance!  I confess to being stupidly excited about it.

Board footera