BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2012 10:20 pm  #21

Re: What makes you unique?

Probably not unique but...I spend a lot of my day working with horses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 15, 2012 10:39 pm  #22

I wish I could say I'm a unique snowflake. But here's some things that I'm glad I have in me.

I'm a hapless romantic. That means I like walks in the moonlight, I might buy you flowers and I like Frank Sinatra.
Like Michael Jackson, "I'm a lover not a fighter" which means I'm not a violent person at all.
I open doors to elders and women. And elder women.
I play the piano, guitar and sing. I write my own music. If you were my girlfriend, I could write a love song for you while you were in the bathroom. Depending on the number of course.
I'm not a racist.
When online, I rarely use smileys and I never use memes like "lol", "tbh", "tl;dr" or post those moving GIF images and so on.
Also, I was born the same day as Kurt Russell.

Ok, so maybe these aren't unique qualities for a guy but that's all I have. I wish I could say I'm an astronaut or I invented music or something.

Last edited by IdigN1 (June 15, 2012 10:44 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 16, 2012 12:12 am  #23

Really, what makes me unique ? It doesn't make me unique, but it shows a lot how I am :
I'm an atheist and an anti-drugs/alcohol/make-up
I hate useless social conventions like make-up.
I'm a future vegetarian (my parents cook, so I eat what they do, but almost eat no meat).
I love animals, but not so much Humans, I'm too cynical.
I only know quantum physics jokes.
When we'll colonize the moon or Mars, I'll volunteered.
I'm an idealist, I question everything and search liberty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 16, 2012 11:58 am  #24

Davina wrote:

I spend as much time with my horses as possible (though I admit they often might appear to the casual observer to be nothing more than expensive yard ornaments). What would life be without our beautiful equine friends? We use natural horsemanship on our farm, a la Parelli, and the partnership aspect of the human/horse relationship is just magical.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 16, 2012 11:59 am  #25

Milkomeda wrote:

I'm an atheist and an anti-drugs/alcohol/make-up

Maybe it's just me, but this combination of characteristics seems pretty unique to me. 

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 16, 2012 5:22 pm  #26

Tantalus wrote:

Davina wrote:

I spend as much time with my horses as possible (though I admit they often might appear to the casual observer to be nothing more than expensive yard ornaments). What would life be without our beautiful equine friends? We use natural horsemanship on our farm, a la Parelli, and the partnership aspect of the human/horse relationship is just magical.

I spend my days with people (blah) and my nights with cats (yay). Guess which I prefer?

BTW I don't count you guys amongst the blah people.

Last edited by hepzibah (June 16, 2012 5:23 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 16, 2012 5:45 pm  #27

hepzibah wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Davina wrote:

I spend my days with people (blah) and my nights with cats (yay). Guess which I prefer?

Don't want to turn this thread off in another direction, but just wondering, has our American expression "you guys" caught on down under, or did you guys start it?

June 16, 2012 5:52 pm  #28

hepzibah wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Davina wrote:

You're not one of these, are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2-15mYWpmA

Last edited by Dramagod (June 16, 2012 5:53 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16, 2012 6:04 pm  #29

Tantalus, I am amused that you guys (!) use exactly the same expression as we do...'yard ornaments'. I do have a 25 year old yard ornament, but she deserves her retirement.

No cats here, sadly. I did have one years ago and it lived to the ripe old age of 19. Could do with some at our yard because you know...when the cat's away, the mice do play.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 16, 2012 6:06 pm  #30

Veecee, I'm not sure, it's just an expression that I use, maybe I picked it up from American TV.

And, Dramagod, yes, that is based directly on me but they don't pay any royalties 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 16, 2012 8:31 pm  #31

Wow. Should I answer this or not?. I'm afraid that the one thing that makes me unique may also alienate me from some of my new friends on this board. I sincerely hope not because I cherish this wonderful group of people.  But in the spirit of fair play, trust, transparency and my belief in the intelligence and maturity of the people who post here, I will venture forward:

I am a good person, loyal friend, love children and pets. I'm kind, feminine and I think a natural woman in all emotional and intellectual and spiritual ways. I am told I am very attractive (if anyone wants proof I'll post a photo) and my boyfriend says I am the loveliest woman in the world. But I was not born that way. You would never know this by looking at or listening to me, and few people know this but, you see, I am transsexual. And no I am not kidding.

I hope this does not change anyone's opinion of me whether it was favorable or not. . Love you all

Janine

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 16, 2012 8:40 pm  #32

OMG, you are what??? Only kidding, my darling, I think it must take enormous courage to make that admission both here and in real life. And womens clothes are so much nicer than mens clothes, don't you think? All that blue and grey, blah! Except for Benny and Martin, of course, at least their clothes are interesting, both on the show and in real life. Have you seen the site whatareyouwearingbenedict.com? So funny!!

Anyway, if any body gives you a hard time, refer them to me. I know Kung Fu (not really, but I can pretend)

lots of love and kisses 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 16, 2012 8:42 pm  #33

Wow Janine! *hugs*
I've always thought of you as a lovely person. Don't worry - it's all fine!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 16, 2012 8:53 pm  #34

tobeornot221b wrote:

Wow Janine! *hugs*
I've always thought of you as a lovely person. Don't worry - it's all fine!

Thank you to-be. You are wonderful

June 16, 2012 8:53 pm  #35

I don't give a damn if one is a woman, man, transsexual or whatever. So hearing what you said, Janine, doesn't change anything I thought towards you. I think it's cool that you would share something like that with the group. Kudos.

June 16, 2012 9:01 pm  #36

Dramagod wrote:

I don't give a damn if one is a woman, man, transsexual or whatever. So hearing what you said, Janine, doesn't change anything I thought towards you. I think it's cool that you would share something like that with the group. Kudos.

Thanks Dramagod...you are the kind of guy a woman loves to meet

June 16, 2012 9:11 pm  #37

Don't I know it. Every snowflake that drops when it snows, has my face on it. And thanks for your kind words.

June 16, 2012 9:17 pm  #38

No problem at all Janine. It takes all sorts to make the world and if everyone was the same what a very boring world it would be. Plus, as someone else has said, generally girl's clothes are more interesting.

June 16, 2012 9:22 pm  #39

Davina wrote:

No problem at all Janine. It takes all sorts to make the world and if everyone was the same what a very boring world it would be. Plus, as someone else has said, generally girl's clothes are more interesting.

Thanks Davina. Yes, I've found this to be the case and i do a killer pencil skirt

June 16, 2012 10:15 pm  #40

Thank you, Janine, for sharing such a personal piece of information with us on this board.  Even though we're essentially anonymous here, I think it still takes a good deal of courage, and I admire and respect you for it.

But, yeah, I've been trying to think what makes me unique and haven't come up with anything and, now, I'm not even going to try!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera