BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2014 8:37 pm  #121

Re: "My Elementary Review:"

Excellent, Molly, I fully agree with you.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 22, 2014 11:09 pm  #122

Good synopsis, Molly.

But, regarding her moving on with her life, not quite.  Her choices in men seem to revolve around Sherlock (last guy dressed like Sherlock, and he was probably some groupie). 

She may be trying to move on, but when you look at the unbridled lust on her face when she sees Sherlock again, in episode 3.1, she's still there in the same place.

Oh, and she took pains to tell Sherlock she was having LOTS OF SEX with her new beau.  So, she's still moth to the flame.  Just trying to stoke the flame.

Molly is my favorite long term character in the series, other than Sherlock and Watson, though Mary is climbing the ranks.  We'll see how long Mary lasts.

============================================================
And I'm assuming she scrubbed your floors, by the state of her knees.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cabbie: You're too modest, Mr. Holmes.
Holmes: I'm really not.

January 24, 2014 3:25 am  #123

I always seem to go to Joss Whedon shows, but Molly Hooper reminds me of Willow, Fred, and Kaylee. She seems like a timid girl with a crush at first, but ends up being incredibly strong.  She is the person Sherlock turns to in his time of need.  She sees him at his most vulernable.  A side he could not let even John see.  She's also like Luna Lovegood in that sense.  Harry Potter confided things in Luna (and Ginny) that he did not feel he could tell Ron and Hermione.

Despite the fact that JLM's Sherlock is considered by many to be "more human" or "more mature that BC's, he show's no affect for Joan, Gregson, Bell, ect.  BC's Sherlock most definately has affection for John, Lestrade, Mrs. Hudson, and Molly.  And they all show affection for him. On Elementary Sherlock and Joan *say* they are friends and people constantly express amazement that Joan has befriended Sherlock, but we never see them enjoying each other's company.  With the Advantage of a 22 episode season, you'd think the writers could squeeze something in.  We got the hilarious sequence of Sherlock taking John on a stag night in So3, but there are moments in every episode where they share a laugh without breaking the stride of the story.

The people who think that Elementary has better character development seem to only recognize character development when it is explained to them.  Like something in the past coming up and Sherlock and Joan having a discussion where they say the words "that's why I..."  On the BBC show, the viewer gets to put things together.  Like Mycroft offering John money for information on Sherlock and John refusing in ASIP, then in ASIB, Mycroft mentioning he couldn't trust his secret service because "they spy on people for money" we can deduce that Mycroft may have been merely testing John's character.  What Jeremy Jahn's says about the Smurf's movie is one of my main problems with Elementary. http://youtu.be/AMIxaqsq5NQ
http://youtu.be/AMIxaqsq5NQ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

Board footera