BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2014 7:24 am  #21

Re: A.G.R.A

I didn't take it that he would remain suspicious.
I thik he meant he will never forget she shot his best friend who almost died.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2014 3:20 pm  #22

Hm, I am not quite sure as to what John meant by saying that. I would refer it more to the overall betrayal of him than just the shooting Sherlock part. Well, we will see.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

January 21, 2014 4:35 pm  #23

She lied about everything and she shot his best friend. He decides to forgive and to have a future together. Doesn't mean trust is automatically rebuilt, or that he isn't angry anymore. 

January 21, 2014 5:38 pm  #24

Well, besleybean, I don't like to say, "I knew that!" after something has happened, but I'm with you--the setting with them standing right next to the fire...

By the way, I thought this was one of the most beautiful scenes of the episode. John offers Mary something unbelievable, being his unconditional love. (As a word of qualification, I will add that I think he's absolutely crazy for doing so, given Mary's obvious lack of "repentance" from her former ways, but hey, love is crazy like that...) Mary's tears indicate to me a heart completely overwhelmed by John's offer of love, and it all makes such delightful telly.

And I think the memory stick is gone. I don't like it, but I think that's what we are supposed to believe really happened--no looking back on Mary's past.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

January 21, 2014 5:43 pm  #25

Unless it's recorded somewhere else!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2014 6:39 pm  #26

The memory stick and Mary's past is gone for John.
But not for everything or anyone else.
The info/past is bound to come back..the truth always catches you up in the end.

January 21, 2014 6:42 pm  #27

besleybean wrote:

This.. don't blackmailer's usually have a dead mans switch type of insurance against being killed?
Maybe someone else already has it..maybe thats linked to the Moriarty coincidental return too.
Hmmmmm.

January 21, 2014 7:04 pm  #28

lil wrote:

besleybean wrote:

This.. don't blackmailer's usually have a dead mans switch type of insurance against being killed?
Maybe someone else already has it..maybe thats linked to the Moriarty coincidental return too.
Hmmmmm.

CAM got the information from somewhere, even if he didn't have a dead mans switch arrangement; the only sense I can make of Mary carting incriminating evidence against her around with her, instead of destroying it, is that she hoped to deduce his sources from the internal evidence on the memory stick.

Of course, her reason for that is murky unless she proposes to kill the sources; they remain a danger to her, and whilst I understand John's desire to protect the mother of his child I do not think he is up for premeditated murder.

It's almost as fascinating as speculating about whether it's really Moriarty...

January 21, 2014 7:24 pm  #29

NotYourHousekeeperDear wrote:

Hmm just had a little thought. I think Mary's real name may just turn out to be very important . In SoT John 's full name John Hamish Watson turns out to be the key to Sherlock figuring out the Mayfly man and his connection to the wedding. Then. We have sherlock giving John his full four part name in his 'final' conversation with him. Is this some sort of hint to John that Mary's real name, the decoding of AGRA is crucial ?

That would be really neat.

I definitely think we will learn more about Mary's past in the next series. They wouldn't set up a character like that with such a dark history to it never have any repercussions, especially seeing as a large proportion of the audience is no way near as forgiving as John is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 21, 2014 7:33 pm  #30

In the Sherlock US panel Moffat and Gatiss said that Mary would have an important role in series 4 and that they would not kill her off in between the two series. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2014 7:37 pm  #31

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

NotYourHousekeeperDear wrote:

Hmm just had a little thought. I think Mary's real name may just turn out to be very important . In SoT John 's full name John Hamish Watson turns out to be the key to Sherlock figuring out the Mayfly man and his connection to the wedding. Then. We have sherlock giving John his full four part name in his 'final' conversation with him. Is this some sort of hint to John that Mary's real name, the decoding of AGRA is crucial ?

That would be really neat.

I definitely think we will learn more about Mary's past in the next series. They wouldn't set up a character like that with such a dark history to it never have any repercussions, especially seeing as a large proportion of the audience is no way near as forgiving as John is.

Yup yup exactly so..when I noticed in the pics of the stick..then end cover missing I thought a little odd..was someone using it..like if she got it off cam , or was it removed and if so did it maybe have more letters on..mary hid them...but wrote it off originally because of canon treasure empty thing.

Last edited by lil (January 21, 2014 7:38 pm)

January 21, 2014 7:58 pm  #32

SusiGo wrote:

In the Sherlock US panel Moffat and Gatiss said that Mary would have an important role in series 4 and that they would not kill her off in between the two series. 

Thanks for that info...I had not seen that. So, I will revise my theory and say that Mary will die in some heroic way in Season 4, Episode 1, and then we can get on with the show.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

January 21, 2014 8:00 pm  #33

Tee Hee.

January 21, 2014 8:14 pm  #34

SusiGo wrote:

UAHHH, that is the most terrible news.....
It#s raining it's pouring, power crime solving trio is BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 21, 2014 8:36 pm  #35

US panel? Available somewhere online? 

January 21, 2014 8:37 pm  #36

I've seen transcripts...

January 21, 2014 9:10 pm  #37

Soon as I posted I regretted it, cos I find it so difficult to cut and paste on this forum....hang on.
Oops sorry, link doesn't seem to work...

Last edited by besleybean (January 21, 2014 9:11 pm)

January 21, 2014 9:14 pm  #38

Can we start a new topic for the panel?

P.S. Great news. Can't wait for her tragic on screen death.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 21, 2014 9:28 pm  #39

Oh yeah,. the link to the site works, just it wasn't there!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sherlock-will-continue-benedict-cumberbatch-672545

That's worked now.
There are 2 more parts so I'll edit as I get each one.
http://collider.com/sherlock-season-3-4-benedict-cumberbatch-interview/

Actually they are iterviews

http://www.hitfix.com/starr-raving/press-tour-benedict-cumberbatch-talks-fans-sherlock-kissing-moriarty

Last edited by besleybean (January 21, 2014 9:32 pm)

January 21, 2014 9:58 pm  #40

I couldn't find anything beyond them confirming that they didn't kill her off between the seasons, so I'm looking forward to the new thread!

Board footera