BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2014 1:10 pm  #1

Architecture in Sherlock

Especially series 3 struck me with how often they make brilliant use of existing architecture. 

Here is a link to a tumblr entry discussing CAM's house as seen in HLV. 

http://johanirae.tumblr.com/post/73180235337/the-architecture-nerd-in-me-just-had-to-find-out

And I love the photography and symbolism of staircases in HLV. Here are some examples but there should be much more to appreciate.

Last edited by SusiGo (January 21, 2014 1:24 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2014 1:15 pm  #2

Re: Architecture in Sherlock

I thought that the house they chose for CAM's was perfect!  There was no warmth or personality to the place.  It was like a big empty space.  Very fitting for the character.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 21, 2014 1:20 pm  #3

Can't see the link, Susi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 21, 2014 1:25 pm  #4

gently69 wrote:

Can't see the link, Susi.

Sorry, now it should be there. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2014 1:45 pm  #5

Thanks a lot. Yes, it's very interesting. And I think the stairs for the mind palace sequence are an excellent choice. The structure and the condition absolutely fit to the situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

Board footera