BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2014 4:56 am  #1

"New York Times" Review (minor spoilers)

As PBS gets set to broadcast the first episode of Series 3 on Sunday at 9:58 pm ET, The New York Times weighs in:

[url=http://Benedict Cumberbatch’s ‘Sherlock’ Is Back on PBS]http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/arts/television/benedict-cumberbatchs-sherlock-is-back-on-pbs.html?hpw&rref=arts[/url]

It's a very favorable review and compares this Sherlock with past ones.  The subtitle of the article is "Benedict Cumberbatch’s ‘Sherlock’ Is Back on PBS" and there's a really nice pic of Benedict, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 18, 2014 12:19 pm  #2

Re: "New York Times" Review (minor spoilers)

I am very eager for my local friends to catch up with Series 3 so I won't have to bite my lip at social gatherings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 18, 2014 1:04 pm  #3

tonnaree wrote:

I am very eager for my local friends to catch up with Series 3 so I won't have to bite my lip at social gatherings.

KeepersPrice and I met through this board and it's been great to have a Sherlock friend in RL to get together with and discuss the show.  I've also learned some new internet tricks, one of which enabled me to watch Series 3 before the PBS broadcast.  (But don't worry, I've pre-ordered the DVDs!)  Unfortunately, none of my other local friends watch Sherlock--despite my best efforts--so it doesn't matter when PBS is broadcasting it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 18, 2014 3:53 pm  #4

I like this affirming review very much.  The negative reviews I've seen are basically angry at perceived plot holes or because the characters aren't 'acting' the same way they did in the first two series.  While I have issues here and there with Series 3, this wonderful, beautiful, clever, amusing, fantastical, creative production has not been diminished one iota in my mind.  The game will never be over for me!

Enjoy tomorrow night, America!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera