BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2014 2:43 pm  #41

Re: SPOILER! S3 Soundtrack Sample

kete wrote:

OMG! The amazon sundtrack preview is even better and seems to be slightly different from the iTunes one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sherlock-Series-Original-Television-Soundtrack/dp/B00HL367FQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&sr=1-1&keywords=sherlock+series+3

Awesome! 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (January 1, 2014 2:44 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2014 4:55 pm  #42

Has anyone heard Sherlock's melody on Series three? I have listened to it and though I may not be an expert on music, I do believe some of Sherlock's melody is on this just in a different, intense tone, which cements my belief that the cliffhanger deals with Sherlock in some capacity. o.o

January 2, 2014 8:59 am  #43

Mattlocked wrote:

Right. And you never know.... maybe if you see the pictures to the sound you start liking it anyway.

And this ^ was exactly what happened when I watched the beginning of TEH. The music was as crazy as Andersons theory and suddenly I really, really liked it! It just fits!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 4, 2014 2:27 pm  #44

Mattlocked wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Right. And you never know.... maybe if you see the pictures to the sound you start liking it anyway.

And this ^ was exactly what happened when I watched the beginning of TEH. The music was as crazy as Andersons theory and suddenly I really, really liked it! It just fits!

This is exactly how I feel. Love that piece of music.

By the way, does anyone know the funny song that is played during the restaurant scene?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 4, 2014 2:40 pm  #45

Has been posted somewhere around here.... wait.

January 4, 2014 2:42 pm  #46

January 16, 2014 11:24 pm  #47

*revels in the music discussion*

January 16, 2014 11:40 pm  #48

sj4iy wrote:

So, I'm going to try to peg the tracks for The Empty Hearse and see how well I do before watching it XD  I may be COMPLETELY off, but it's fun to try, anyway  SPOILERS ahead.

TEH 1: Some sort of big opening action sequence concering Sherlock.  I have a feeling there's a fall, big drop or something goes in slow motion.

TEH 2: Mycroft going to get Sherlock- very Russian quality to this track.

TEH 3: Coming back to London/John and Mary visiting the grave

TEH 4: Sherlock 'comes back' to certain people.

TEH 5: Daffodil scene with John and Mary

TEH 6: I just have a feeling this has to do with the trains and London underground

TEH 7: Motorbike scene intercut with John dying in the bonfire

TEH 8: Explanation of how Sherlock survived, because it's the same track as TRF, except elongated (giving more time for explanation of what Sherlock was doing).

I don't know enough about the next two episodes to make great guesses, but here are a few that caught my ear:

TSoT 3: Barhopping

TSoT 6: Sherlock playing violin at the wedding

HLV 1: Magnussen's theme

HLV 4: Sherlock injured?

HLV 8: Mary's death

Keep in mind, these are complete guesses, and I don't really know.  But I had to guess now before it airs in a few days.

I have to say, after watching all three episodes, I didn't do too bad at all XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 17, 2014 1:59 am  #49

SusiGo wrote:

The music is different this time but I suppose they wanted to go for something new. 

I agree that this soundtrack is cutting edge-mainstream (if that means any sense). About as edgy as one can get without being indy, with many electronic elements and heavy bass.

The big question is how this music ages. There are basically two major possibilities: that the music will seem incredible dated in just a few years - or that it will be read as anthems like solid rock music from the 80s.

And above all, how is it possible I am playing this music at work and no-one recognises it (yet)?

January 29, 2014 8:40 pm  #50

Just Pre-Ordered it on iTunes  Argh! march 4th can't come fast enough!

"I am Lost without my Blogger!"

February 28, 2014 7:22 pm  #51

I bought it on itunes yesterday and love it! But now I´m confused, march 4th?  Anyway, I think it´s brilliant..

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 28, 2014 7:24 pm)

Board footera