BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2014 11:35 pm  #1

Threads marking as read

Hey Boss

Is there any way to change the way threads are marked as read? Or in our own personal settings? I come in and there are three pages of threads with new posts but before I can get through even one page of them, the system decides that I must have read them by now and it tells me there are no new threads.

I'd prefer to manually mark them as read over having the new posts disappear like that

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 16, 2014 7:46 am  #2

Re: Threads marking as read

Happens to me as well. As an alternative you can click on Show recent posts. But maybe there is a better way to do this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 16, 2014 10:14 am  #3

Tricky one!  I try remembering the exact time I go check the list.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 16, 2014 6:39 pm  #4

It is VERY irritating isn't it. I happens all the time. I only have to close my I-pad cover!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera