BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2012 3:10 pm  #1

Details game: Where is this picture from?

As I'm paying more attention to the background things of the episodes by now I could imagine that it would be quite an interesting game of detective work and fun to guess were certain picture details are from: Which episode, which scene exactly etc.
The one who will solve the puzzle may post the next picture.

Here's a rather small and blurry one to begin with.
This animal just caught my eye for the first time:

Where is it from?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2012 3:33 pm  #2

Re: Details game: Where is this picture from?

"Swan Lake"? 

GREAT game, by the way. I hope it's okay if we attempt answers but don't post pictures. I don't know how in the world I would get an image off my DVD and into our little world here.

Last edited by Tantalus (June 15, 2012 3:34 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 15, 2012 3:47 pm  #3

Hi Tantalus,
"swan" is a good guess - but where do you find it - in which episode scene?
It's ok to just try answers - but the picture isn't a big deal - just an uploaded screen shot.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2012 4:12 pm  #4

are these shots taken directly from the BBC  series SHERLOCK?   I  can  get  images  directly  here    as i  have an image hosting site and I know the codes.    I've watched all 6  eps  on  dvd  and I  don't really  recall a swan  from  any  of those episodes.   thanks  great  idea  by the way.   I've  played this before  from other fanboards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 4:22 pm  #5

sherlockskitty wrote:

are these shots taken directly from the BBC  series SHERLOCK?   I  can  get  images  directly  here    as i  have an image hosting site and I know the codes.    I've watched all 6  eps  on  dvd  and I  don't really  recall a swan  from  any  of those episodes.   thanks  great  idea  by the way.   I've  played this before  from other fanboards.

Yes, it's taken directly from the BBC Sherlock DVDs. I made a screenshot, cut out that little detail and uploaded it. It's quite easy - even for a technical git like me.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 15, 2012 4:22 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2012 4:28 pm  #6

ok  thanks    are u  using an image site  or do u  get them here directly  from yur documents  on ur PC?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 4:37 pm  #7

sherlockskitty wrote:

ok  thanks    are u  using an image site  or do u  get them here directly  from yur documents  on ur PC?

I use www.picr.de - but there are lots more. I upload pics from my documents on my PC to picr.de and then put them here.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2012 4:43 pm  #8

Ok  so  it's an image hosting site.   got it,  thank you!!   I  have an idea as to where this shot was from...I  too have the dvds  AND  the vids where they aired on TV  with scenes cut out.   hee hee hee   I'm obsessed.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 5:00 pm  #9

I am guessing completely here but is it in the park when John meets Stamford?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 15, 2012 5:01 pm  #10

Umm...nope.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2012 5:38 pm  #11

tobeornot221b wrote:

I made a screenshot, cut out that little detail and uploaded it. It's quite easy - even for a technical git like me.

Oh, well, you see, it's like this: I have a television (telly). I have a DVD player. I place the DVD in the player. After hours of confusion, I finally figured out how to make the player play the DVD. I watch Sherlock. Over and over and over again. I turn off the DVD player. I turn off the telly. I go to bed. Repeat as necessary.

Beyond this, I'm clueless. So, I'm pretty sure the "cut out that little detail and upload it" bit won't work for me. 

No clue where the picture is from. I'll watch all 6 episodes tonight and get back with you. Ahh, homework!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 15, 2012 5:43 pm  #12

I've no idea but will happily hazard a guess.

Is it from 'Scandal in Belgravia'?

If it is I've two lines of enquiry I'd like to ponder.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 15, 2012 7:06 pm  #13

It's from Scandal in Belgravia.  I believe it is during the scene about the hiker's death, with the local police, just before John arrives on the scene.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

June 15, 2012 7:22 pm  #14

Hi Fetchinketch,
what a great start for you on our board!
Yes, you're almost completely right. It's from Scandal - but John's already present on the scene.
Here you are:
(It's "Swan stream", not "Swan Lake"...)

Maybe you want to do the next one?

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 15, 2012 7:23 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2012 8:54 pm  #15

congrats  on  getting it   Fetchinketch,    I  was just about to watch  scandal.   Am  waiting for the next one!!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 9:26 pm  #16

Well done Fetchinketch!

Useless (maybe) bit of information for the day is that all swans in England and Wales are the property of the Queen under Royal Prerogative. Only the Dyers Company and the Vinters Company of the City of London have any other claim to ownership only to specific birds on the River Thames. Until 1998 it was treason to kill one of the Queens (or King's) swans. All mute swans are presumed to belong to the Queen but they are keeping quiet about it! Lol.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 17, 2012 7:15 pm  #17

hmmm--  june 17th...anyone want me to post another pic?

my photobucket is fouled up,  so I can't right now..  sorry

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 17, 2012 7:22 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 17, 2012 7:16 pm  #18

ooh, yes please!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 17, 2012 7:34 pm  #19

here we are.    remember,  the one who wins  this round is required to post another pic,  to keep  it going.   If you don't know how,  PM  me  with a description   and I'll  find  it for you  and give you the link,  and then you (the winner) can post it   Quote this post,  to see how I did it.   

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 17, 2012 7:39 pm  #20

I'm guessing 'The Blind Banker' and it being Soo Lin's front door.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Board footera