BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 13, 2014 9:08 am  #1

Janine and...transport

well. still in shock. how are we feeling about that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 13, 2014 9:13 am  #2

Re: Janine and...transport

Feeling about what?

They never had a physical relationship; that's what they discuss in the hospital. She says something like "I wish just one time"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 13, 2014 9:18 am  #3

about all the ..relationship 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 13, 2014 9:35 am  #4

Um...he faked a relationship to get close to Magnussen, which is exactly what he did in canon. I think it worked very well. I found John's reaction (jealousy? bemusement? disbelief?) kind of amusing though

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 13, 2014 9:49 am  #5

at first, my reaction was similar to John´s 

January 13, 2014 9:51 am  #6

What's to be in shock about?
In the canon, Holmes becomes engaged to a maid in CAM's household in order to get into the house. He 'rolls in the hay' with her etc etc to keep up the facade. He is a man after all.
In this one Sherlock does similar. Again, he is a man after all.
When the engagement is no longer useful he breaks it off.

Once again, the Sherlock mind uses what is available to him to achieve the results he desires. Has nothing to do with love or anything, that's just not necessary.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2014 10:00 am  #7

I had - for a tiny moment - a feeling that he..I don´t know how to explain - was a little bit sad about that the relationship is not true. but maybe not. forget it 

January 13, 2014 10:01 am  #8

So what do you think about Janine? What will she do now?
I found it a bit scary when she said "You shouldn't have lied to me"...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 13, 2014 10:01 am  #9

Nothing. She's done. She sold her story about their (completely fabricated) wild sex life and bought a cottage in Sussex. We won't see her again.

January 13, 2014 10:31 am  #10

Wholocked wrote:

Nothing. She's done. She sold her story about their (completely fabricated) wild sex life and bought a cottage in Sussex. We won't see her again.

Agreed.

January 13, 2014 10:36 am  #11

Okay, I didn't get everything yesterday, will watch it again tonight...

January 13, 2014 11:58 am  #12

The cottage in Sussex with the bees (which she is planning to evict) seems a deliberate teaser (or perhaps just a nod to canon).

Of course it was not going to continue. Sherlock, as in canon, has no intention of a real relationship with her. He is using her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 13, 2014 12:02 pm  #13

Davina wrote:

The cottage in Sussex with the bees (which she is planning to evict) seems a deliberate teaser (or perhaps just a nod to canon).

Of course it was not going to continue. Sherlock, as in canon, has no intention of a real relationship with her. He is using her.

Total nod, nothing more.
She's done & dusted.

As were many characters in the canon; I'm not sure why people want to 'keep' all these characters, they're not important ( as Sherlock would say).

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2014 12:05 pm  #14

My only lingering thought...is that she is also Irish (very distinctly so).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 13, 2014 12:08 pm  #15

yes, but really, she's done. She served her purpose.

January 13, 2014 12:26 pm  #16

I hope so too, she did her part and that's over. I know that Sherlock got engaged in the canon as he did in the show, but I wouldn't like it to develop in the next season and, well, I don't really want to to see Janine again as well

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 13, 2014 12:58 pm  #17

it's not going to, he didn't care about her that way.

January 13, 2014 12:59 pm  #18

Well I did not mean the "relationship" of course it was just a trick!
But I wondered, if the will be strive for payback?

January 13, 2014 1:03 pm  #19

Nope! Nope!

January 13, 2014 1:29 pm  #20

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

at first, my reaction was similar to John´s 

Mine, too!

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

Board footera