BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2013 2:57 pm  #1

Have you ever had any dreams about him?

I was just wondering because I usually don't dream about celebrities (that is, when I remember my dreams. I hardly sleep 2 hours a night and I rarely remember anything when I wake up) but this morning, the alarm clock took me out of a weird dream I was having about Benedict.

Nothing dirty, relax!  

In that dream, he was Benedict (I mean, he wasn't playing any role), he was married (I can't remember the face of his wife) and had two kids: a girl who was around 5 I'd say, and a baby boy who was barely a couple months old.

And me... Well, I don't know what I was exactly (a ghost? a superpower girl? well...) but I was in his house, yet invisible.

At first I tried to touch him, to talk to him but he wouldn't feel anything nor hear anything (and I didn't feel anything either while touching him).

After a couple of days, I was able to really touch him which led to some awkward situations, like I purposely pinched his buttocks and he thought it was his wife and then as I repeated the gesture (well, don't blame me! I'm not responsible for what I do in my dreams! lol. I guess it was very tempting ha ha!), he was blaming her and she was like "I swear I didn't do anything!" and I had a good laugh.

And then I kissed him (yes yes, quite a bit immoral huh? Considering I'm a widow and he was married in my dream, and couldn't even see who was kissing him, the poor boy! lol)  and he was completely confused. Not by my "performance" (well, who knows, after all?  he didn't push me away at least!) but obviously because he was kissed by an invisible person!

That's when I realised he could finally hear me as well, so I wanted to explain myself but the clock rang. Grrr!!!

I felt really weird when I opened my eyes because you know, it was one of those dreams that feel so real... It was like I could still taste the kiss!

Damn clock!

So, feel free to share your Cumberdreams here, or I'll feel like I've got a really twisted mind if I am the only one who's ever dreamt about him!

Last edited by Punch me in the face (June 29, 2013 2:59 pm)

Just like old times...

June 30, 2013 8:50 pm  #2

Re: Have you ever had any dreams about him?

I'd love to have a dream about Benedict, but I haven't had any yet. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

June 30, 2013 9:01 pm  #3

OneMoreMiracle wrote:

Not even a daydream?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 1, 2013 10:39 am  #4

Punch me in the face wrote:

....like I purposely pinched his buttocks and he thought it was his wife and then as I repeated the gesture (well, don't blame me! I'm not responsible for what I do in my dreams! lol. I guess it was very tempting ha ha!), he was blaming her and she was like "I swear I didn't do anything!" and I had a good laugh.
...[/img]

Hey, you said "nothing dirty!" 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 1, 2013 11:38 am  #5

ha ha! That was really chaste, considering all the things I could have done to him, being invisible!

Just like old times...

July 1, 2013 6:27 pm  #6

tobeornot221b wrote:

OneMoreMiracle wrote:

Not even a daydream?

Oh, definitely daydreams! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

July 6, 2013 9:20 pm  #7

I had one today and when I woke up I told myself....okay I am not going to forget this dream, I am going to remember it.....I went back to sleep and I have no damn clue what it was.  Maybe I should start keeping a journal hahaha

July 11, 2013 2:07 pm  #8

I had one dream last week, it was rather like a comedy! I think it was a scene from The Big Bang Theory that inspired the dream (this scene, to be precise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfL4-C8OCys) And my dream was pretty short, I remember I was watching Benedict playing in exactly such dry pool with coloured plastic balls. Seriously, he was like a child :D

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 15, 2013 1:20 pm  #9

Indeed, I had a dream about Ben and Martin
I was on a train and they were also traveling with me. Both looked really tired and had been filming recently.
When I went up to them (I was not fangirling, can you imagine?) they greeted me nicely and Martin excused himself and went to sleep somewhere in a different part of the train.
I remember very distincly giving Ben a kiss on the cheek(bone), Still remember how warm and soft his skin was
There were other people sitting with him, possibly Mark Gatiss, but I am not sure, and they were explaining that Martin was so tired because he had to do a "fall" during filming and he had to repeat it a lot apparently.

Well, then I left them to look for my friend because I did not want her to miss seeing Ben but I could not find her  and then I woke up.

That's the only dream so far, waiting for more. :-)

Last edited by Maggi13 (July 15, 2013 1:21 pm)

December 15, 2013 10:27 pm  #10

I had a very lovely but strange dream about Benedict Cumberbatch in September 2013. I was at Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) walking around in a gorgeous purple ballgown and crying for some reason, don't know why. All of a sudden, Benedict came through a door, walked towards me and said, "Don't cry, Kate." Then he kissed me on the lips, hugged me, wiped the tears from my eyes and winked at me.

Last edited by Bronte89 (December 15, 2013 10:28 pm)

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

January 2, 2014 4:00 pm  #11

lucky enough to have one this week - we were working together on a musical piece (love how dreams give you talents you don't have in reality!), sharing a chair and he had his arm round me to stop me falling off.  Made me feel so safe and secure  .  Have now developed a ridiculous crush on the lovely Mr Cumberbatch!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

January 8, 2014 11:30 am  #12

Oh yes ofcourse! Not really dirty but we kissed! so you can say I have it goin for me ;)

Alone protects me

January 12, 2014 2:14 pm  #13

I've daydreamed about meeting him. And acting with him. Because I have a mild interest in acting. And then I daydreamed about meeting him on a train and telling him about my book, which was being made into a movie, and he wanted to play the MC, which made me happy because I'd based the MC on him! :D

January 12, 2014 5:11 pm  #14

sara-cumbercookie wrote:

Oh yes ofcourse! Not really dirty but we kissed! so you can say I have it goin for me ;)

Oh! I know this kind of dream *smile*
As long as my husband does not know about it, everything is fine... ;)

January 12, 2014 5:27 pm  #15

I can't stop watching that gif.....

Last edited by MahnSherlolly03 (January 12, 2014 5:28 pm)

February 14, 2014 8:48 pm  #16

Last night I dreamt I was in a kind of youth hostel with many other fans. Very cheerful atmosphere.
From time to time Benedict appeared somewhere and said sweet things to a fan or wrote her something nice on a piece of paper to keep 

(He wrote something for me as well, but what will stay my secret  )

Last edited by Harriet (February 14, 2014 8:50 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 14, 2014 8:59 pm  #17

Wish I had been there. Sigh. 
P.S. Must have been at bit like ten women in a hotel room watching HLV. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 14, 2014 10:19 pm  #18

I dreamt of Benedict tonight (for the first time, I think?), but it was a rather depressing dream.
There was some event going on and he was there and someone interviewed him and then he somehow became really sad and even cried and talked about how he had messed up in a film and how he did everything wrong.
I have no idea why I dreamt this, because I really don't see him that way?! Maybe it was because I spent so much time yesterday thinking about how humble and down-to-earth he is despite all his success and how he keeps pushing himself and always does his best.
I don't know.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 14, 2014 10:36 pm  #19

Oh, how sad - come over to my cheerful youth hostel, if you like 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 14, 2014 11:00 pm  #20

Girls, what a mixture... cheerful youth hostel and a sad and crying Benedict... what is this man doing to us...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera