BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2013 6:00 pm  #81

Re: How will Series 3 end? (CONTAINS SPOILER DISCUSSION)

I'm bringing to think this ending may deal with Sherlock personally. This villian is the one person that Sherlock really hates, according to canon, right? And since the villian is a blackmailer, I wonder if he dives into Sherlock's family. What if the villian goes after Sherlock and Mycroft's mother? Threatens her? 

Edit: I just watched A Study in Pink again and rewatched the scene with Mycroft and Sherlock talking about their mother. I know there is some speculation that Sherlock deduced their father was having an affair, but what if it had nothing to do with their father at all. Maybe their father died when they were little and was raised by their mother only? What if there is a connection between Sherlock's mother and Magnessum? What if little Sherlock deduced something he really shouldn't have about this man and that upsetted her? The thought that little Sherly saw something that could get him killed or worse? Maybe the mother took the fall or did the best she could to hide it to protect her children and herself? What if His Last Vow pertains to the idea that the villian's last vow before anything happens to him is to settle a score with the Holmes family? 

Maybe the last episode of series three ends with the mother confronting Magnessum and then cuts away to a gunshot? Making us wonder who is dead or who fired? XD

Last edited by LoveIsAViciousMotivator (December 29, 2013 6:48 pm)

December 30, 2013 11:41 am  #82

Mmm, so many ideas, this thread is way more fun than all the Reichenbach theories. 

In canon, Milverton gets killed by a BAMF upper-class woman. I kinda want that to happen, and I want that to be Mary or another known character. Maybe Magnussen shoots back this time? Or Mary, Sherlock and John get caught this time and thrown in prison? 

But I really like the 'family' hypothesis. There were some hints of a supplot involving Mycroft and their family, maybe it's not just a supplot. Killing off the parents would be a brilliant plot twist; it gets rid of annoying non-canon characters and it's incredibly dramatic. And it's way less obvious than killing Mary, I mean, Moffat is not known for obviousness. But then... Mary is supposed to have a secret. 

Here's my (rather wishful) theory: Magnussen, Mary and the parents are introduced/foreshadowed in ep 1. The blackmailing escalates through ep 2, making Marys life rather difficult. In ep 3 the conflict between Magnussen and the parents are introduced, the conflict between Mycroft and Sherlock explodes, Magnussen's actions kills (one of) the parents indirectly, Mary kills Magnussen, Sherlock and Mary escape but John is caught and imprisoned, Sherlock and Mycroft realise the stupidity of their conflict because the object of the conflict is now dead and they only have each other. 

I hope Magnussen is not Milverton and Gruner combined, Gruner is a great villain that deserves his own spot. And I want him to be played by David Tennant.  (Please, Moftiss???)

January 1, 2014 4:59 pm  #83

Swanpride wrote:

Honestly, I hope that we get Magnussen for longer than one season...so my bet is that season 3 ends in a situation which looks like he has won.

I hope so too! I do believe from the way things are looking this villian is going to be one that we will absolutely hate but also love as the fact he is so good at what he does. 

Last edited by LoveIsAViciousMotivator (January 1, 2014 4:59 pm)

January 9, 2014 9:51 pm  #84

Ok, so I'm gonna put all the clues from this thread an some others together and theorise about what's coming. This might count as spoilery, don't really know, but anyway, posting it in the spoiler thread to be sure. 

Foreshadowing in TEH and TSoT
CAM was behind the bonfire. His main target was Mary and after the bonfire he sees Sherlock for the first time (he was just back from death so not earlier on CAM's radar). 

CAM sent Mary a wedding card. Sherlock reads it out and doesn't know who CAM is. 

A big point was made about Sherlock's attachment to John. Mycroft warns him against it but of course Sherlock doesn't listen. The storyline is so prominent that it can only mean something big is gonna happen. Sherlock is vulnerable and CAM is gonna use it. 

The Baker Street Babes review:

- Wiggins: Baker Street irregular, so this is gonna be someone of the homeless network, who has an important role. No idea how, though. There are some pictures in which Sherlock looks like a tramp, maybe they're plotting something together, maybe Sherlock pretends to have hit rock bottom in order to mislead CAM. Or (even better) he really has. 

- Marijuana: socially accepted drug just like cocaine in Doyles time? This could be either Sherlock using it 'cause he's bored or maybe a coffeeshop is used like the opium den in the canon (don't remember which story). 

- Pressure points: whose? I'm guessing Sherlock, pressure points being the people he loves, John and Mary, maybe Mycroft. 

- Redbeard/Look into Holmesian past: they are connected, given the context in which Mycroft said it to Sherlock, I'm guessing it's something he was attached to and was then taken away or destroyed. I'm also guessing that this ties in with the theme of the episode. 

- Mike: Stamford, friend of John, maybe a pressure point for John? 

- “He can snap you in half and right now. I’m afraid he might.”: The subject can only be CAM. I'm guessing this is said to Sherlock by either Mary or Mycroft. 

- “It doesn’t mean I’m not happy to see you.” Doesn't CAM say this in the canon? He's really polite, Holmes less so. 

Other clues
Apparantly all our theories were wrong. Or they just said so to mislead us. 
It's emotional, focused on the case and the villain and full of relationships and characterisation.

What does this all mean? 

Mary just might not die. But the baby is not gonna happen. Something will happen to her relationship with John and that will affect his friendship with Sherlock. Maybe she loses the baby and Sherlock gets the blame? 

Maybe CAM is also an excellent manipulator, maybe setting up friends against each other. 

I'm guessing that whatever the Redbeard incident was, it's gonna happen again. 

It really doesn't look good for Johnlock. 

January 9, 2014 11:00 pm  #85

silverblaze wrote:

Maybe CAM is also an excellent manipulator, maybe setting up friends against each other. 

That's what I suppose too. I'm brooding what the worst scenario could be that would leave me horrified. Whatever will happen, I think it will not only rip Sherlock and John apart but turn them also against each other. There was this terrible picture in my head: (sorry, you'll probably kill me for this) John pointing his gun against Sherlock. Not pulling the trigger of course! But threatening him (perhaps to protect Mary). Sorry for this disturbing thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 9, 2014 11:05 pm  #86

My poor boys...

*sobbing in the corner*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 9, 2014 11:10 pm  #87

*offering a shock blanket*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 9, 2014 11:12 pm  #88

*grabs*

thank you 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 9, 2014 11:48 pm  #89

" John pointing his gun against Sherlock. Not pulling the trigger of course! But threatening him (perhaps to protect Mary). Sorry for this disturbing thoughts."

HOW COULD YOU?!

*shudder*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2014 11:59 pm  #90

I'm wondering about some sort of horrifying "Sophie's Choice" kind of thing at the end.  Someone, most likely Sherlock, might have to make a terrible choice - who to save and who to let die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 10, 2014 12:12 am  #91

tonnaree wrote:

" John pointing his gun against Sherlock. Not pulling the trigger of course! But threatening him (perhaps to protect Mary). Sorry for this disturbing thoughts."

HOW COULD YOU?!

*shudder*

SORRY! I'm so sorry. Hope I could share my demons somehow    .

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 10, 2014 12:13 am  #92

Oh, you guys are good. I almost wish you were the ones writing the show, not bloody Moffat.

January 10, 2014 4:40 pm  #93

stoertebeker wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

That's what I suppose too. I'm brooding what the worst scenario could be that would leave me horrified. Whatever will happen, I think it will not only rip Sherlock and John apart but turn them also against each other. There was this terrible picture in my head: (sorry, you'll probably kill me for this) John pointing his gun against Sherlock. Not pulling the trigger of course! But threatening him (perhaps to protect Mary). Sorry for this disturbing thoughts.

That's actually prettty close to the finale of a novel I'm trying to write. I'd call that a compelling storyline. 

January 10, 2014 8:10 pm  #94

Interesting...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2014 8:14 pm  #95

silverblaze wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

That's actually prettty close to the finale of a novel I'm trying to write. I'd call that a compelling storyline. 

Yes, somehow, although I am not sure whether I want to see this.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 10, 2014 8:33 pm  #96

stoertebeker wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

Yet you made that picture in your head, and decided to give it to us to enjoy.  I'm actually quite warming up for that idea. Having that as end goals as a writer, and then try to work out how to get the friends to that situation. Creativity ensured! Not very good for the feels, admittedly. 

January 10, 2014 8:40 pm  #97

silverblaze wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Yet you made that picture in your head, and decided to give it to us to enjoy.  I'm actually quite warming up for that idea. Having that as end goals as a writer, and then try to work out how to get the friends to that situation. Creativity ensured! Not very good for the feels, admittedly. 

...and then try to work out how to get them back together again after they have been in that situation. But that would mean to have some sort of reunion once again... I'm not sure they'd go for that again.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 10, 2014 8:49 pm  #98

You wouldn't need to. One would kill the other. 

January 10, 2014 9:10 pm  #99

silverblaze wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Then I am glad, I could provide you with a good idea . But PLEASE not with the "kill-each-other" ending, that was not what I had in mind.

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 10, 2014 9:58 pm  #100

I don't know what's going to happen but I still know what I want.  Whatever horrible thing happens I want it to bring the boys closer together than ever against a common foe.
But that's just what I want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera