BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2014 12:40 pm  #41

Re: I have seen it tonight - report - but NO SPOILERS...!

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

gently69 wrote:

OMG... I see... after the high of episode 2... a deep fall in episode 3. I am absolutely curious... and absolutely scared.

As much as I loved TSoT, knowing the writers...you could just tell that if they gave us something that character driven, that emotional, that something awful must be about to happen...I wish I was wrong 

Yeah... I know.
But isn't that what a "real" Sherlock fan wants??? I feel so... uncertain.

Last edited by gently69 (January 9, 2014 12:41 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2014 1:01 pm  #42

gently69 wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

gently69 wrote:

OMG... I see... after the high of episode 2... a deep fall in episode 3. I am absolutely curious... and absolutely scared.

As much as I loved TSoT, knowing the writers...you could just tell that if they gave us something that character driven, that emotional, that something awful must be about to happen...I wish I was wrong 

Yeah... I know.
But isn't that what a "real" Sherlock fan wants??? I feel so... uncertain.

I definitely want it, that's for sure. After TEH and especially after TSoT I now need something more disturbing and heartwrenching again. Something that makes me go "What the Fu**???", something that has a deep impact.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 9, 2014 1:27 pm  #43

Seriously I'm in shock just from reading your comments. I'm nervous as hell.
I just hope that, whatever happens, John and Sherlock will stick together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 9, 2014 1:34 pm  #44

I'm beginning to get extremely nervous about this episode, not that I wasn't excited before, but now it's just about 50 times worse, thanks a lot guys...

Well, as I said before the candy floss from "Sign of Three" just couldn't last, they were more or less preparing us for what is to come on Sunday.
But in a way I also like reading that our assumptions were all wrong. I hate it when things become predictable.

My feelings about this episode are already in such a turmoil, and I haven't even seen it yet!

Fortunately there is the chance of getting series 4 a lot sooner than I expected, which means a lot if things end the way I fear they will end after reading all the comments in here.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

January 9, 2014 1:34 pm  #45

Mary Me wrote:

I just hope that, whatever happens, John and Sherlock will stick together.

Oh, yes I hope so too. Really worries me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 9, 2014 1:38 pm  #46

sj4iy wrote:

I think most people will be absolutely blown away by the sheer brilliance of this episode...especially lovers of the canon. And it will be one shock after another after another.

oh yes indeed. In at least 3 scenes I was literally whimpering Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god....out loud...Anderson must have heard me, he was sitting 2 rows back from me...

January 9, 2014 1:38 pm  #47

The only thing that concerns me so far is the "Molly is important" and comments about a rare pairing.  I seriously don't want to go down the Sherolly road.  But that is just my personal opinion.

Glad to get the heads up about staying for the credits, I usually don't!

If I ever get to meet Moffat in person I will call him a black hearted bastard but I will do it in the most loving way.     As a Scot, I think he'll understand.

Lord help us all after Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 9, 2014 1:43 pm  #48

tonnaree wrote:

The only thing that concerns me so far is the "Molly is important" and comments about a rare pairing.  I seriously don't want to go down the Sherolly road.  But that is just my personal opinion.

I guess you meant Sherlolly 
I fear we won't see that happen, though. But seriously - would that be so negative? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 9, 2014 1:43 pm  #49

Tonnaree - I feel you shouldn't panic about that. Don't worry.

Not sure why people are talking about a rare pairing - yes there is a kind of a shocker, but I wouldn't call it a 'rare pairing'...

January 9, 2014 2:05 pm  #50

tonnaree wrote:

That's also nothing like you'd think.  It's really done very well, and in a way that is absolutely brilliant.

Basically, don't expect ANYTHING from this episode...it will turn everything you are currently thinking on its head and twist it around into interesting shapes.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 9, 2014 2:06 pm  #51

sj4iy wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

That's also nothing like you'd think.  It's really done very well, and in a way that is absolutely brilliant.

Basically, don't expect ANYTHING from this episode...it will turn everything you are currently thinking on its head and twist it around into interesting shapes.

We spoke last night right?

January 9, 2014 2:08 pm  #52

I'm absolutely intrigued now. I prepare myself to be heartbroken, but I wasn't exactly a fan of the first two episodes. As good as they were, It seemed... inadequate somehow after the dark and riddled TRF. Moriarty gave us a 'teeny glimpse' of the big, bad world out there. This had to be picked up on eventually.  And, whatever rift there will be between John and Sherlock, it can't be forever. That's one thing, I'm confident about....
Looking forward to Lars Mikkelsen.  They really just HAD to come up with the real formidable villain.

January 9, 2014 2:32 pm  #53

Ozma wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

We spoke last night right?

Lol, yes, we did :D  

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 9, 2014 2:40 pm  #54

I think I should also mention that at the Q&A:

-Moffat literally told off a Guardian journo for implying that TEH had gotten bad reviews… he barked, you know it hasn’t, so shut up and don’t try to bait me into giving a response to that! (all the while sporting his evil half-grin) Cue huge applause from the audience.

- someone asked whether we will ever see baby Mycroft (as in, young Mycroft) ; Moffat said  it’s unlikely, as baby Mycroft would just be a CGI reduction of the actual Mycroft (complete with umbrella, I assume J)

- someone else asked how much of the stag do scene was scripted and how much of it was improvised. ‘Err, you know, it’s actually ALL scripted’ he said with a huge sneer. He did add though that the bit where Sherlock is supposed to introduce John and says instead ‘he is my….thing’ was actually a mistake from Benedict – he forgot his line – which Moftiss decided to keep as they thought it was perfect.

-remember when we thought that they gave us TEH and TSoT (in part) because they heard the fans and saw what they liked, disliked etc on Tumblr and in general online?  He said actually they don’t follow that, he only went on Tumblr once but everybody there hates him so he never went back, and he is in no way listening to a bunch of crazies online.  (Harsh). Though he loves the fans. He does.

-he admitted he LIES. HE LIES, ALL THE TIME. His words I think were ‘well, I am not really known for saying the truth usually, am I?’ (so maybe everything I’ve reported above was a lie, too )

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Last edited by Ozma (January 9, 2014 2:42 pm)

January 9, 2014 2:58 pm  #55

Ozma wrote:

-he admitted he LIES. HE LIES, ALL THE TIME. His words I think were ‘well, I am not really known for saying the truth usually, am I?’ (so maybe everything I’ve reported above was a lie, too )

Did the Moff, by any chance, tell the audience to blog that all our theories are WRONG? 

Sounds like the kind of thing he'd do. And it is what people have done. 

-Back in conspiracy mode.- 

January 9, 2014 3:02 pm  #56

silverblaze wrote:

Ozma wrote:

Did the Moff, by any chance, tell the audience to blog that all our theories are WRONG? 

He's messing with our heads! 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 9, 2014 3:04 pm  #57

He didn't, though.

And Magnussen is totally not behind me right now threatening me with a knife. But wait, no, he's not a killer.......

January 9, 2014 3:05 pm  #58

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Ozma wrote:

ok,if you are in conspiracy mode, what about this: http://loudest-subtext-in-television.tumblr.com/post/72626275853/trust-in-gatiss-operation-johnlock-is-go

The Game is On!

January 9, 2014 3:07 pm  #59

Marva wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

ok,if you are in conspiracy mode, what about this: http://loudest-subtext-in-television.tumblr.com/post/72626275853/trust-in-gatiss-operation-johnlock-is-go

I've seen that...certainly intriguing 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (January 9, 2014 3:07 pm)

January 9, 2014 3:08 pm  #60

Ozma wrote:

He didn't, though.

And Magnussen is totally not behind me right now threatening me with a knife. But wait, no, he's not a killer.......

And how are we supposed to know you're telling the truth? 

(yep, definitely messing with our heads )

Board footera