BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2012 2:27 am  #1

Lara Pulver, Louise Brealey and Una Stubbs - the Baker St babes

Meet the women who love Sherlock Holmes -  the landlady (Mrs Hudson, Una Stubbs), the dominatrix (Irene Adler, Lara Pulver) and the lab mouse (Molly Hooper, Louise Brealey).

It's two in the afternoon on a winter day that's never going to get light. Speedy's caff on North Gower Street in London - which doubles as the exterior for Sherlock and John's 221b Baker Street flat next door - is groaning, laughing and loudly smacking its chops with satisfied lunch customers.

Fluorescent builders bang elbows with elderly, Brylcreemed gentlemen in matching navy macs. Crammed in next to the till, two schoolgirls with fake eyelashes share a plate of chips, conjoined twin-style. Everyone politely ignores the actresses having their noses powdered by an alarmingly pregnant woman with a make-up bag the size of a suitcase.

The night before I'd asked on Twitter if any Sherlock fans had questions for #sherlockswomen. Oddly enough, they did…

Read the rest of the interview here:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-01-15/sherlock-meet-lara-pulver,-louise-brealey-and-una-stubbs---the-baker-st-babes

Some classic lines in there I must say :

Lara:They were both supportive and by the end of it I wouldn't move on to the next line until Benedict had stared at my boobs!

Una:  Martin said we had better get on with the next series because Una will be senile by then!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 13, 2012 7:54 pm  #2

Re: Lara Pulver, Louise Brealey and Una Stubbs - the Baker St babes

Thanks kazza, that is a great article! Love that photo of the saucy ladies Is Speedy's a real sandwich shop or just part of the 221B front part of the set? If it's real, wow, I'll bet their business is booming

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 13, 2012 8:13 pm  #3

It is real! It is on Twitter! If you come to London you can visit it! (Too many exclamation marks. Sorry!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 13, 2012 8:41 pm  #4

Not exactly master photos - just so you know that Speedy's is for real:

Last edited by tobeornot221b (June 13, 2012 8:42 pm)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 13, 2012 9:12 pm  #5

This is probably just me being thick, but do you mean that:
221b baker street is a actually 187 north gower street?
I'm SO confused (again!)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 13, 2012 9:15 pm  #6

Yes it is Molly. They couldn't film in Baker Street because it is much too busy so they filmed in North Gower Street instead. It is a very similar street and is much quieter. If you get the DVDs listen to the commentaries that go with each one. They are really informative and often very funny too.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 13, 2012 11:08 pm  #7

Oh my thanks tobe, Davina and Molly! I wonder if they deliver    Or I'll pick that takeout order up a week from Friday

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera