BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 2:57 pm  #1

Red Beard? & Like The Maid Of Honor wouldn't have boned out Sherlock.

I'm sorry but she was all over him! How is that even possible? Anyone else also wondering about what Mycroft said to Sherlock over the phone about Red Beard?

January 6, 2014 4:42 pm  #2

Re: Red Beard? & Like The Maid Of Honor wouldn't have boned out Sherlock.

Well, she did say as much at the end.  She said I'd like you if you weren't ...you know and he replied, I know.  So yes, totally agree with you.

Yes, I wondered about Redbeard.  Wondered if it was a teddy bear that he threw a tantrum about when the bear got lost/thrown out/removed by Mycroft who deemed it too sentimental.  Will have to wait and see.  I did think the name def sounded 'piratey' and remember Mycroft saying that Sherlock wanted to be a Pirate when he was younger.

Mxx

January 6, 2014 9:59 pm  #3

Yeah, maybe Redbeard was Sherlock's pirate nickname when he was a kid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 6, 2014 10:17 pm  #4

Mmm yeah but Mycroft seemed to use it to illustrate his point about Sherlock getting too involved in John & Mary's relationship.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 6, 2014 10:18 pm  #5

Probably.

And I rather like Janine or however you spell it. She seemed to get that he's not really interested but he was nice enough to her anyway. At least he didn't just dismiss her like he used to with Molly. She was even asking his advice on potential boyfriend material amongst the wedding party. She flirts a bit with him but it's not really a serious thing.

When he looks gutted about her dancing with someone else...I think it was the fact that apart from John and Mary, she's the only person he spent any time with at the wedding. So maybe he was thinking that he could make another friend (a big deal for him) but then perhaps realises that he doesn't really fit in with that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 6, 2014 11:39 pm  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, maybe Redbeard was Sherlock's pirate nickname when he was a kid.

Well, I've got an image of a teddybear with reddy fur....and a patch over one eye *grin*

Mxx

January 7, 2014 1:07 am  #7

I wonder if the Redbeard comment was not more significant somehow- after all Sherlock had just about hung up and Mycroft got him back just to mention it.  Maybe we will find out next week?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

January 7, 2014 1:48 am  #8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 7, 2014 4:41 am  #9

Interesting!  I wonder if the Redbeard backstory is something to do with Mycroft warning Sherlock to not let his emotions (especially his feelings for John and maybe Mary) cloud his judgement and make him and them vulnerable.  The general theme of all of the Sherlock - Mycroft conversations has been about whether having emotions and relationships compromises Holmesian powers so to speak.  Mycroft seems to be saying, yes they do, where Sherlock appears open to "new adventures" and different ways of being for once.   I have a feeling big brother is going to be right...

I think we might need a seperate thread just for the Redbeard analysis given the Gatiss tweet..(also to be honest I don't like to think of anyone "boning out!" Sherlock!)

Last edited by NotYourHousekeeperDear (January 7, 2014 4:43 am)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

January 7, 2014 4:57 am  #10

Dammit. I meant to post the image and THIS link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Beard

January 7, 2014 5:07 am  #11

January 7, 2014 7:30 am  #12

I just watched it again. There is no way that chick wouldn't have gotten on Sherlock. As Mycroft says. Balance Of Probability. She asked about the hand cuffs too. Come on.

Board footera