BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2012 6:00 pm  #21

Re: The Sherlock Holmes Riddle

Well, I did look in the Source Code but was really none the wiser...unless it's something to do with this:

<!--   8 - E   -->
<!--   8 - J   -->
<!--   0 - 1   -->
<!--   0 - 7   -->
<!--   P + 1   -->
<!--   0 - 7   -->
<!--   L + 7   -->
<!--   8 - 7   -->
<!--   L + 7   -->
<!--     N     -->
<!--   0 - 1   -->
<!--   L + I   -->

Is it some kind of code?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 10, 2012 6:32 pm  #22

Yes you need to couple this with the calculator idea. I'll help you with the first one and after that you should be able to finish the level. OK so if you look at 8 on a calculator it looks like 2 squares on top of each other yes? Now if you think of what e would look like on a calculator and take that away from the eight (the 2 squares) you are left with just a side from each of the 2 squares which make and I. You need to apply this technique to all the things from the source code. Remember to check if it is + or - and then anagram the letters. Is that clear enough? I probably didn't make any sense 

June 10, 2012 9:07 pm  #23

Wow. That sounds probably a lot more complicated than it actually is, lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2012 9:18 pm  #24

OK, I think I've got it...just have to work out the anagram now...

June 10, 2012 9:20 pm  #25

I am still very confused as to how you get a source code when I right click it just says that it's not encrypted! Can anyone help?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 10, 2012 9:21 pm  #26

Nope, I've got it now!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 11, 2012 5:55 pm  #27

I  can't even figure out how to get past question 1!!   boo hoo!!   Sorry  to say,  but   I  gave up.   I knew the answer was a 5 letter word, but---what's the word?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 11, 2012 6:07 pm  #28

Never give up!!!
I'll help and give as many clues as necessary, you won't cheat your way out of this one, Skitty! ;)

June 11, 2012 6:09 pm  #29

Clue 1. It's hidden inside the text

June 11, 2012 8:17 pm  #30

Can someone tell me if the anagram makes one single word or two words?

June 12, 2012 1:27 am  #31

how can it be hidden inside the text?  and which text are yu talking about?   I  know it's a 5 letter word,  but  I don't know which one.   Help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 4:10 am  #32

kitty, here's a clue that might help...

The answer is found in a similar manner to the bonus in my current "canon" quiz. 

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 12, 2012 4:42 am  #33

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Any progress on the anagram? There seems to be a problem with "8-7"...

June 12, 2012 6:25 am  #34

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Can someone tell me if the anagram makes one single word or two words?

It's one word Boss.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 12, 2012 10:53 am  #35

Tantalus wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I read that as "T"...kind of like a lower case "t"...could be wrong.

June 12, 2012 11:26 am  #36

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I read that as "T"...kind of like a lower case "t"...could be wrong.

lower case t is correct

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 12, 2012 12:24 pm  #37

Yay, I got it! I like the way a basic knowledge of Chemistry helps with some of these questions. Very Sherlocky.

June 12, 2012 12:36 pm  #38

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 12, 2012 12:59 pm  #39

Okay, 't' it is, but, glory, how do you make one word with all those letters?? It's been a long time since organic chemistry... : (

June 12, 2012 1:57 pm  #40

Tantalus wrote:

Okay, 't' it is, but, glory, how do you make one word with all those letters?? It's been a long time since organic chemistry... : (

Use an anagram solver site.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera