BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2012 2:51 am  #1

What makes you unique?

Many of us are getting to be quite familiar with the online "versions" of each other. It's pretty amazing how each person's personality still comes through, even with the "anonymity" of the internet, forums, etc. (I know, m0r1arty, anonymity on the internet is a mere illusion, but I'm blissfully ignorant.)

For various reasons, it obviously is wise not to disclose too much personal info on the internet to total strangers (if you're an axe murderer, please raise your hand...).

But, it might be fun to learn some small tidbit about our fellow Sherlock-forum people.

So, if you're so inclined, tell us something about you that you think makes you unique among those here on the forum. If someone else responds that this applies to them, too, you have to find some other point of individuality. (So, if you say, "I jump out of birthday cakes and sing, 'God Save the Queen'", and someone else says, "Hey! I do that, too!", you have to come up with another answer.)

I'll go first:

I raise Devon cows here on our family farm.

What makes you unique?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 10, 2012 3:02 am  #2

Re: What makes you unique?

Well... In my neighborhood I'm the crazy cat lady.

Last edited by Milkomeda (June 10, 2012 3:03 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 10, 2012 4:27 am  #3

I'm unique in the fact that I don't consider myself unique.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 10, 2012 7:03 am  #4

An entire room in my home is filled with I LOVE LUCY   stuff!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 10, 2012 7:11 am  #5

Lucy?!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 10, 2012 7:19 am  #6

Yes,  as in Lucille Ball,   you know--  that black and white show that aired in the early 50's.  I  have 2 lucy dolls,  but I'm still looking for a ricky ricardo doll  and william frawley and Vivian Vance dolls.

I  love lucy,  and lucy loves meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 10, 2012 7:20 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 10, 2012 7:48 am  #7

I used to love watching Lucy when I was little, was it not also in colour in the 60s? Or is my memory playing tricks on me? My favourite American programmes were, however, Bewitched and The Beverley Hillbillies.

I digress...what makes me unique? I'm going to have to think about that....

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 10, 2012 7:55 am  #8

Davina wrote:

I used to love watching Lucy when I was little, was it not also in colour in the 60s? Or is my memory playing tricks on me? My favourite American programmes were, however, Bewitched and The Beverley Hillbillies.

I digress...what makes me unique? I'm going to have to think about that....

ILL  was never colorized...and I don't think the Lucy/desi comedy Hours were, either. But the third show that Lucy did by herself, ,  called "Here's Lucy" was.  Or was that The Lucy Show?   I  don't remember.   I  too loved bewitched and beverly Hillbillies.   fiddlesticks,   now I have to think of something else that makes me unique.   I  think I'll sleep on it.   

Goodnight all!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 10, 2012 7:57 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 10, 2012 11:54 am  #9

Well... I've got Beethoven's portrait presiding my living room

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 10, 2012 12:11 pm  #10

We've got the layout of Oxford college! (Talk about nerdy!!)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 11, 2012 1:44 pm  #11

Oh, Milkomeda, me too! I have three cats who I love more than life itself! I have always considered that Sherlock would be a cat person (some wishful thinking there!)

So I guess that we can be unique together

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 11, 2012 2:23 pm  #12

I honestly can't think of anything...not something that would make me unique to anyone else. I don't think anyone is entirely unique, there's bound to be someone else in the world with the same hobby, job, interest, personality trait as you...just that maybe you've not met them yet.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 11, 2012 3:48 pm  #13

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I honestly can't think of anything...not something that would make me unique to anyone else. I don't think anyone is entirely unique, there's bound to be someone else in the world with the same hobby, job, interest, personality trait as you...just that maybe you've not met them yet.

SH, not unique to the world, just those of us here on the forum. A little piece of trivia about yourself ("I listen to classical music all day long." or "I worked in a bank when I was fresh out of college." or "I have a tattoo of Sherlock on my ankle.", etc.) that might interest the rest of our friends here on the forum.

June 11, 2012 10:26 pm  #14

well--I do handmade greeting cards as a hobby.   does anyone else here do that?   you shud see all the  rubber stamps and ink pads and paper punches I have.  On  second thot....it would take a whole  10 pages to show you what I got,  so...nah.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 1:37 am  #15

sherlockskitty wrote:

well--I do handmade greeting cards as a hobby.   does anyone else here do that?   you shud see all the  rubber stamps and ink pads and paper punches I have.  On  second thot....it would take a whole  10 pages to show you what I got,  so...nah.

It's something really special to receive a real, handmade card/letter in the mail these days. The time, effort and creativity that someone takes to put into one of those speaks volumes, and shows they really care. On perhaps a more manly note, I have wax and a sealer that I will sometimes use to send really important letters. I love the "old-world" dignity of it all. And of course, I keep a supply of 100% cotton paper for those special missives, and a fountain pen to write with. Ahhh....

June 12, 2012 4:04 am  #16

thanks tantalus,  yes,  ppl do enjoy getting my cards.   I  just did a map card for a graduate in my family---took me 2 weeks and about 30 dollars to do that one card.......but i was proud of the work I put in.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 4:17 am  #17

sherlockskitty wrote:

took me 2 weeks and about 30 dollars to do that one card.......

Wow. Now that is unique. And I thought Hallmark was expensive...I'm sure the recipient will treasure it.

June 12, 2012 8:19 pm  #18

I wish Hallmark would hire me.   I  just made a bookmark  using cardstock for my mom...AND---I  used a quote from the episode  THE BLIND BANKER!!  "A book is like a magic garden..."

And tantalus I know what you are talking about.   What you do is called "sealing"   and I  love old world stuff too.   do  you,  perchance, have a blotter?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 12, 2012 8:20 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 11:02 pm  #19

Tantalus wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

It's something really special to receive a real, handmade card/letter in the mail these days. The time, effort and creativity that someone takes to put into one of those speaks volumes, and shows they really care. On perhaps a more manly note, I have wax and a sealer that I will sometimes use to send really important letters. I love the "old-world" dignity of it all. And of course, I keep a supply of 100% cotton paper for those special missives, and a fountain pen to write with. Ahhh....

Sherlock would love analyzing the paper and ink you use.

June 13, 2012 2:45 am  #20

No blotter... : (

I just blow a lot to dry the ink...

Trivia question: Do you know the canon story that involves Holmes scrutinizing the blotting paper for a clue?

Board footera