BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 22, 2013 10:32 am  #1

Mini Episode "Many Happy Returns" on the 24th

Just found this information about the mini episode "Many Happy Returns" on tumblr. It looks as if they do not only air this on the BBC iPlayer but also on BBC One, at 2pm on the 24th. There is some speculation about this going on though, because that would be rioght in the middle of the broadcast of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and the mini episode apparently would cut right into that. 

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/image/70756181155

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 22, 2013 10:40 am  #2

Re: Mini Episode "Many Happy Returns" on the 24th

Apparently this 7 minute long episode will be available on iplayer from 2 pm GMT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 22, 2013 11:35 am  #3

How shall I explain to my parents-in-law that I am bringing my laptop? And hide myself in the loo for seven, 14, 21, 28 minutes to watch this?? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 22, 2013 12:01 pm  #4

Does it work in Germany as well? Because of this license thing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 22, 2013 1:51 pm  #5

Yeah, thought so...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 22, 2013 2:47 pm  #6

This happened with "Night of the Doctor"...it was released earlier because they were worried about leaks.  If they are pushing up the date, that means they could be worried about information leaking.

However, don't worry, rest of the world: it was up on youtube almost immediately after the premiere on iPlayer.  I would be shocked if that didn't also happen here.

Last edited by sj4iy (December 22, 2013 2:49 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 22, 2013 3:11 pm  #7

Be wrote:

No real leaks yet, IMO.Could have happened much earlier but didn't. And won't.

Well, I said that it could be...not necessarily that it is that.  But that was why they pushed up "Night of the Doctor"...because information started leaking and they didn't want to ruin the surprise for people.  I haven't heard anything about the "Many Happy Returns" yet, though, and I had heard about "Night of the Doctor".  So that's a good sign

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

December 22, 2013 4:12 pm  #8

How can it show at 2pm if that film's on? BBC1 doesn't have breaks...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 22, 2013 4:16 pm  #9

kittykat wrote:

How can it show at 2pm if that film's on? BBC1 doesn't have breaks...

It will air on iPlayer at 2pm

December 22, 2013 4:17 pm  #10

Oh...okay! ^^

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 22, 2013 4:26 pm  #11

gently69 wrote:

With the Firefox browser you can try the add-in MediaHint. I installed it today and can now watch the iPlayer videos on the BBC website  .
By the way, does anybody know, if the Doctor Who christmas special will be available on the iPlayer after airing?

Last edited by stoertebeker (December 22, 2013 4:28 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 22, 2013 4:32 pm  #12

stoertebeker wrote:

gently69 wrote:

With the Firefox browser you can try the add-in MediaHint. I installed it today and can now watch the iPlayer videos on the BBC website .
By the way, does anybody know, if the Doctor Who christmas special will be available on the iPlayer after airing?

Yup, they put it up very soon after it airs.

December 22, 2013 5:27 pm  #13

stoertebeker wrote:

gently69 wrote:

With the Firefox browser you can try the add-in MediaHint. I installed it today and can now watch the iPlayer videos on the BBC website  .

Thanks for the information. I will try this. 

(Tony Hadley)

December 22, 2013 8:57 pm  #14

*praying to the gods of YouTube*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 22, 2013 8:59 pm  #15

tonnaree wrote:

*praying to the gods of YouTube*

They put up the Doctor Who minisode immediately after it premiered on iPlayer.  I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't do that this time.

December 23, 2013 7:56 am  #16

It will go onto I-player almost immediately after airing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 23, 2013 4:12 pm  #17

I'm looking forward to it! Even though, besides trailers, I try to avoid spoilers on series 3, this time it may be a nice Christmas present.

Last edited by Deilenn (December 23, 2013 4:13 pm)

The Road goes ever on and on...

December 23, 2013 9:01 pm  #18

Yeah, no doubt it'll be on YouTube almost immediately.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 24, 2013 2:14 pm  #19

December 24, 2013 2:18 pm  #20

Wow! That's fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I love it.

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera