BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2013 9:58 pm  #41

Re: The "Good News" thread

Wow, this is awesome, Davina! Being self-employed is great. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 22, 2013 10:05 pm  #42

That is ever so great, Davina! I know people who had their own horse equipment business for over 40 years and been so satisfied with it.
Work with material, with customers, horses, find creative solutions to requests - your joy reminds me of theirs with their shining eyes 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 22, 2013 10:20 pm  #43

Now you have 1,500 likes on FB. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 22, 2013 10:26 pm  #44

Thanks, and good luck to you Deilenn!

Last edited by kittykat (November 22, 2013 10:26 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 23, 2013 12:46 am  #45

Thank you gals! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 23, 2013 9:30 am  #46

Since yesterday I am sure that I can feel the baby kicking inside my belly!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 23, 2013 9:35 am  #47

I never experienced that, but it must be a very, very, very lovely and heartwarming feeling.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 23, 2013 9:46 am  #48

It's overwhelming!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 23, 2013 11:03 am  #49

This thread is an awesome idea, makes me smile everytime I read the posts in here

kittykat wrote:

I've got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'll be a field representative for Ark Promotions Ltd, based in Manchester 

I'm so glad you got it, congratulations! And don't worry about whether it will be nice there or not... before I started my recent job, I also heard some negative opinions on the company - and now I couldn't be happier there. Sometimes it all depends on the department you're in or something...
And you can always quit if it turns out to be not nice

Schmiezi wrote:

That must be one of the best feelings ever! I wish you just the best for your little one

Last edited by SherlockianDE (November 23, 2013 9:04 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

November 23, 2013 11:58 am  #50

Schmiezi wrote:

Oh my god, that makes me so happy. It must be so wonderful... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 23, 2013 1:46 pm  #51

SherlockianDE wrote:

This thread is an awesome idea, makes me smile everytime I read the posts in here

kittykat wrote:

I've got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'll be a field representative for Ark Promotions Ltd, based in Manchester 

I'm so glad you got it, congratulations! And don't worry about whether it will be nice there or not... before I started my recent job, I also heard some negative opinions on the company - and now I couldn't be happier there. Sometimes it all depends on the department you're in or something...
And you can always quit if it turn out to be not nice  

Thanks! 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 26, 2013 5:58 am  #52

I tried to find something good about the current weather in Germany. It took me some time, BUT:

Great time for sauna! YAY

November 26, 2013 6:51 am  #53

Oh shush.
I arrive in Munich on Christmas Eve...shiver.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 26, 2013 9:49 am  #54

Oops, forgot to update yesterday. I went to my first day in the job, and I like the look of it so far. Didn't go out to the doors as I'm still training this week, but it'll probably be Thursday or Saturday. Turns out that I'd get paid weekly ^^

I would technically be self-employed, but my dad is too so he'll help me with the tax returns

November 26, 2013 12:29 pm  #55

Glad things are going well Kitty.  Good luck.

This monring someone made a pot of French Vanilla coffee in the break room here at work. 
I consider that good news any morning. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 28, 2013 1:24 pm  #56

Munich...snow...Christmas! What a heavenly combination. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 28, 2013 1:29 pm  #57

Will you be in Munich for Christmas, Davina?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 28, 2013 2:50 pm  #58

I will be!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2013 2:52 pm  #59

Oh, probably I missed something then 

November 28, 2013 2:58 pm  #60

Tee Hee.

Board footera