BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2013 6:04 pm  #1

The "Good News" thread

So, this idea occured to me while scrolling through the "Free rants" thread.
In this thread you can write about everything that makes you happy, things that you liked about your day, things that went very well for you, things that make you feel proud of yourself and so on. 

Start talking. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 18, 2013 6:07 pm  #2

Re: The "Good News" thread

Great idea, Mary! The existence of this thread makes me happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 18, 2013 6:07 pm  #3

Great idea, Mary!

As for me: Went to the dentist's today and he said everything was fine with my teeth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 18, 2013 6:09 pm  #4

I HATE going to the dentist. We have already discussed that hubby will have to be the one who teaches baby that dentists are all right.
Glad for you, Tobe!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 18, 2013 6:11 pm  #5

So, I got back my english exam last week. 12 points. (2+) 
The only exam that's better than mine is from a girl that has spent one year in Ireland and she's only got one point more than me (same grade though). I am awesome.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 18, 2013 6:14 pm  #6

Absolutely!

November 18, 2013 6:24 pm  #7

The commuter rail was botched up today so I got permission to work from home.  Love sitting here in my 'jamies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 18, 2013 6:58 pm  #8

Sounds good  If I only could do school from home...

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 18, 2013 7:23 pm  #9

Had a job interview today; it went really well and I've got a follow-up on Wednesday 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 18, 2013 9:17 pm  #10

I'd love to work from home but as an administrative assistant my boss wouldn't go for it.

I'M TAKING MY MOM HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 19, 2013 5:13 pm  #11

This thread is a very good idea!
I will spend new year's day in London with my nephew and next week I will go to Paris with my best friend
I'm really happy (strangely not my bank account)
*purrs like my cats*

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 19, 2013 5:19 pm  #12

I have been so happy since I finally passed an important exam a week ago (700 pages of English grammar to learn including examples how to translate typical English structures to Czech). I failed three times before (twice I had it coming but once after I studied hard for a month and got a wrong question (it didn't help that the teacher scares me)) so I can't quite describe the feeling when I finally passed. And then our country won Davis Cup! So currently I'm more than content and happy to hear about your mother, tonnaree!

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 19, 2013 7:56 pm  #13

That's great!   

I was a little 'sadface' over the weekend because my poor, good old little Chevy, during our Frankenstein road trip up to Chicago (my second road trip with it), both hit the milestone 100,000, and finally showed some strain from it again by having a loud muffler the whole way back.  ;P  But then 'happyface' again, with an independent dealer on the outskirts of town fixing it in one day, for less than half of the expensive quote the bigger guys in town gave me.  ;PP  (seriously…. support the little guys!)
Now to just look forward to the next adventure that was lucky enough to pop up so soon…. trekking again with mom (much shorter this time!) to city below me for our xmas gift to each other - TransSiberian Orchestra!!!   And to just be thankful for having everything (and everyone around me) pretty good, despite the dread of working retail again next week's holiday…  ;PP

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 19, 2013 8:30 pm  #14

*tosses conffetti for everyone*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 19, 2013 9:31 pm  #15

Hey,  nice idea!

I went to the orthodontis's this day, and three days after the American Sherlock air date I'll finally get rid of my braces
One more good reason to wait for January.
Yay!

November 20, 2013 11:40 pm  #16

My team at work went out to lunch.  It was technically suppose to be a "meeting" lunch but we didn't talk much work.  Then my boss surprised us all by picking up the whole check as a Thanksgiving treat!
She's a real sweetheart.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

November 21, 2013 3:06 am  #17

Good news!

I am just over the 35,000 word mark for the NaNo 50,000!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

November 21, 2013 3:14 pm  #18

I've got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'll be a field representative for Ark Promotions Ltd, based in Manchester 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 21, 2013 4:18 pm  #19

Congrats!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 21, 2013 4:24 pm  #20

Thanks 

Board footera