BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2013 6:57 am  #1

So I've started chatting with one or two people on Skype recently and it's been really lovely to have other Sherlockians to talk to.

If anyone would like to add me, PM me and I'll send you my UID (I don't want my Real Life peoples from figuring out my fangirl identity. It's to keep them safe, you understand)

:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 16, 2013 8:45 am  #2

Re: Skype

I found Skype on my new laptop, but never used it so far. So I don't know how it works.
But it would be fun to try it one day. Are there also "group-conferences" possible?

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 16, 2013 8:57 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 16, 2013 9:02 am  #3

I have deinstalled Skype some time ago because I've never used it. Now I'm re-thinking that idea!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 16, 2013 9:09 am  #4

Right. I could have used it decades ago when my boyfriend lived in the north of Sweden.

A while ago Cumberbuddy started a video chat via Twitter and you could see everyone (who wanted to be seen) on the screen while talking.
I can't remember where that chat was, but it was fun to see everyone.

November 16, 2013 9:21 am  #5

I am barely ever alone in the room when I'm doing Sherlock, so I could only use the text chat function anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 16, 2013 9:22 am  #6

Mattlocked wrote:

Are there also "group-conferences" possible?

Yes! Most definitely!

I have found it very useful chatting with Neptune Centari whilst writing fics (yes, you guys have turned me into a complusive fic writer - or fic attempter). Can bounce ideas off each other and whinge about things not working right :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 16, 2013 9:23 am  #7

Hm, guess I will install it now.

November 16, 2013 9:30 am  #8

Schmiezi wrote:

I am barely ever alone in the room when I'm doing Sherlock, so I could only use the text chat function anyway.

Well, you could sit with your back to the wall.

November 16, 2013 1:11 pm  #9

Thanks Wholocked for reminding of Skype. I was a regular user of Skype and it was great. If  I am correct 'I Hear Sherlock Everywhere' group  use Skype for their pod casts. I am going to install, bye 

November 16, 2013 4:38 pm  #10

I am on Skype. As far as I know it is not possible to do a video chat with more than one person. A group of people can do a voice chat or of course use the normal chat function. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2013 7:37 pm  #11

I have Skype installed on my laptop but I think I'm too shy for video or voice chat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 16, 2013 7:38 pm  #12

Aw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 16, 2013 7:42 pm  #13

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

I have Skype installed on my laptop but I think I'm too shy for video or voice chat.

You can just sit and smile and listen. And silently faint from time to time.

November 16, 2013 8:04 pm  #14

Well, that sounds like a good option. I would probably do that anyway though. Ok, I would take part if I'm not expected to talk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 16, 2013 8:40 pm  #15

I've deinstalled Skype two years ago for two reasons... First, it was making my netbook slow. Second, I've had to many contacts I didn't want to keep. But if you're going to do group-conferences tell us about it 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 16, 2013 8:48 pm  #16

Got Skype on my laptop. Had this thing for two years and never installed it 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 17, 2013 7:15 am  #17

Only used Skype when my son was away for months in Canada.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 17, 2013 8:27 am  #18

I was using mine speaking to my son in Italy.
But I seem to have lost my icon, so I have no idea what happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 17, 2013 8:30 am  #19

I'm on Skype now, willing to find new contacts if you PM me your user name or something.

November 18, 2013 7:57 pm  #20

I created an account, too.

Board footera