BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2013 6:38 pm  #1

Lost Vermeer

I just wanted to point out the nice little references to the Lost Vermeer that are set up earlier in the episode so that, if you were watching, REALLY WATCHING, as in OBSERVING as well as SEEING, when Sherlock says that line about it being all over the news and in the newspapers, you as a viewer, should be fully aware of it already!

As it happened, I completely wasn't...

But yeah, during the discussion about the Solar System when Sherlock is lying on the sofa in his pyjamas, he's in the middle of reading a magazine called "In Town" the headline of which is "The Lost Vermeer".

And again, when John stays at Sarah's, the first news piece that comes on the television before the blast is about the Lost Vermeer.

Are there any others?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 28, 2013 7:03 pm  #2

Re: Lost Vermeer

I think this one doesn't count as it's hanging outside the gallery. Just for the record:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 8, 2013 8:14 pm  #3

Re: Lost Vermeer

Just found another one.
When John switches on the TV in the café the first picture before the report about Connie Prince's death is this:

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera