BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2012 8:17 pm  #21

Re: Everything we need to know about Andrew Scott interviews and work

Yay! I've changed the second link and it works! Bloody auto-correct is driving me crazy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 6, 2012 2:00 pm  #22

There is an interview with Andrew in this week's Radio Times. I will off to get a copy today and will post it here once I have it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 6, 2012 3:29 pm  #23

^That's waiting in internet speak

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 6, 2012 5:56 pm  #24

Didn't get time earlier. Going to pop into the supermarket later to get a copy. All good things are worth the wait oh...and patience is a virtue!

June 6, 2012 6:08 pm  #25

Virtue is by far the kindest word for stupidity don't you think?

-m0r

June 6, 2012 6:19 pm  #26

And stupidity is by far my greatest virtue! 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 6, 2012 9:22 pm  #27

Harsh! But probably fair.
Well I've bought the magazine but...you will have to wait until tomorrow for details. Mwahahah!

June 6, 2012 9:25 pm  #28

After all, we're the fandom that waits, aren't we? 

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 7, 2012 2:36 am  #29

I'll just have to be 'The Littlest Hobo' theme tune about it all then I suppose

-m0r

June 7, 2012 7:47 am  #30

All good things come to those who wait. Here you are m'dears.

Andrew Scott
He plays Moriarty and takes tips from Lauren Bacall...

You just won the best supporting actor Bafta for playing Moriarty in Shrlxok. Did you find the Baftas fun or terrifying?

Terrifying. I'm shy. I remember at my 21st birthday party, I had to make a speech and was so nervous I sounded like I was giving a eulogy at a funeral. So I did genuinely hope that I didn't have to get up. But of course there's a little part of you that wants to win.

We're you surprised at the colossal success of Sherlock?
I kind of knew- I think we all knew- it was going to be really special. I feel very proud that it's a Sherlock of our age. I really appreciated being allowed to play Moriarty a little left of centre.

How much freedom did you have?
I experimented daily and there were incredibly supportive of that. That's what you Rally want as an actor: someone saying, 'Go for it!' not 'What are you doing?'

What makes you angry?
Bland television. I don't like drama that's just a version of something we've already seen. If you've been given money and an opportunity to be in front of an audience, why not say something new and original?

Benedict Cumberbatch fans call themselves the 'cumberbitches'. Do you have your own devotees?
I do which is both nice and bizarre. They have a number of names. I've been sent love letters and art; as befits Moriarty, my guys are dark.

What's the best piece of advice you've been given?
I was once lucky enough to meet Lauren Bacall in New York, who said: 'You know in this industry, you never make it.' I thought that was a very revealing comment from a living legend in her 90s.

What is your guilty pleasure?
I was doing a very heavy play last year and so would come home brain-dead and watch Judge Judy. I am also partial to a bit of Britain's Got Talent. I don't watch any of the other talent shows, but I find it's eccentricity appealing.

Who was your first crush?
When I was nine, I had three posters: Bros, Kylie and INXS. I never went as far as kissing any of them. Maybe I was a cynical child.

What makes you cry?
Good acting, nature documentaries, most recently the series The Undateables...I'm terrible, an emotional wreck.

This summer you'll be playing a detective in the BbC1 drama series Blackout. How do you choose your roles?
I like to do almost the opposite of what I've just done, to test myself. Also I go between media: so I've just done The Great Garsby for Radio 4 and a 30 minute monologue called Sea Wall, which went out over the Internet.

How about a musical?
I'd love to, but I suspect my singing voice isn't strong enough. My dancing skills Re better, but it would take me months longer to rehearse than everybody else.

Quickfire Q & A
1. Football or rugby
2. EastEnders or Coronation Street?
Coronation Street- just like my mum
3. Jamie Oliveror Nigel Slate
4. Michael McIntyre or Sarah Millican?
Either. They're both brilliant.
5. Box-office blockbuster or an art house
Claire Webb

Last edited by Davina (June 7, 2012 7:48 am)

June 7, 2012 7:55 am  #31

Ah! I find it SO cute that he's shy!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 7, 2012 8:00 am  #32

Thank you, Davina, for posting!

What an amiable guy he is...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 7, 2012 1:30 pm  #33

Thanks very much Davina!!!

And you typed it all out too!

He seems like a cool cat in real life.

-m0r

June 7, 2012 1:49 pm  #34

I did indeed! It's always weird thinking of actors sometimes actually being shy socially. He seems a genuinely nice bloke as well as being super-talented.

June 7, 2012 3:33 pm  #35

Oh, my God... that's what I needed to fall totally in love with him... what a nice guy

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 8, 2012 9:27 am  #36

He is so adorable!

June 14, 2012 12:20 pm  #37

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 1:01 pm  #38

But they haven't used the same photo as in the magazine, which is a shame because he was wearing a really nice blue and white scarf.

June 14, 2012 3:50 pm  #39

Is it picky to point out that Lauren Bacall is only 87? Yes, no? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 4:53 pm  #40

Starts 4th July on BBC1.

"Christopher Eccleston plays Daniel Demoys, a stranger in his own life. He has gone from being an idealistic young man to a disillusioned and corrupt council official. New drama on BBC One.

Daniel is a mess. He's drinking so much he's having blackouts. He has also been passing council contract details to businessman Henry Pulis.

When a row between the pair gets out of hand, an alcohol-fuelled Daniel beats Pulis brutally, leaving him in a coma. Desperate for help, Daniel seeks out his sister Lucy, a lawyer.

Lucy is representing Nelson Venner, a young man speaking out against drug gangs. Lucy and Venner are giving a press statement when a car slows and a gun appears from the window. Daniel impulsively throws himself in front of Venner, taking the bullet.

When Daniel wakes in hospital, he is unaware his impulsive act is all over the news, and a nurse, Donna, explains he's being lauded as a hero. Daniel is lucky to have cheated death. It's a wake-up call. Maybe he has a chance to be a better man.

Elsewhere, Henry Pulis lies in intensive care. Daniel is wracked with guilt and desperate to pay for his sins.

When political consultant Jerry Durrans visits Daniel to suggest he could be a viable candidate in the city's first mayoral election, Daniel is sceptical. Yet the seed of an idea has been planted and he has been set on the unlikely path to being elected his city's first political mayor. But Daniel remains a man with the blackest of secrets, desperate to make a stab at redemption.

Cast: Christopher Eccleston is Daniel Demoys; Dervla Kirwan is Alex Demoys; Ewen Bremner is Jerry Durrans; MyAnna Buring is Sylvie; Branka Katic is Donna; Andrew Scott is Dalien Bevan; David Hayman plays Henry Pulis; Rebecca Callard is Ruth Pulis; Lyndsey Marshal is Lucy Demoys; Olivia Cooke is Meg Demoys and Danny Sapani is Detective Griffin."

Last edited by Lisbeth (June 14, 2012 4:55 pm)

Board footera