BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2012 9:58 pm  #1

The Sign of Four

Whilst watching Midsomer Murders tonight (not a village I would rush to move to, to be quite honest, as far too many people get bumped off there, if you ask me) the  story revolved around a group of boys who followed the idea of The Sign of Four from Sherlock Holmes to form their own group/gang. The father of the dead boy (long story) killed each of the, now adult, boys in turn in revenge for his son's death many years before and then committed suicide himself. Ring any bells?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 10, 2012 10:43 am  #2

Re: The Sign of Four

I watched the Jeremy Brett adaptation of Sign Of Four last night  - most enjoyable!

I've often wondered how they would adapt it to a modern setting...can't exactly include poison dart spitting savages anymore, hardly PC is it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera