BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2012 8:34 am  #1

The Hobbit Production Video #7

The Hobbit video blogs including the most recent can be seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCpxMOvMgns

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 9, 2012 12:00 am  #2

Re: The Hobbit Production Video #7

Thanks! I love these. So excited for the movie ♥

The lack of Martin Freeman in these is weird!
Why? Is it because they, like, don't wanna give away too much? Or because he's just reaaaally reaaaally busy? (But surely he can't be that busy that he can't find the time to say some lines into the camera.)
It's confusing the hell out of me.

And also - look at that, it's Jekyll/Hyde! :D

June 9, 2012 12:03 am  #3

No Martin Freeman... and not a tiny little hint about Smaug...
Peter Jackson wants to kill me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 9, 2012 2:25 pm  #4

I was keeping an eye out for these too.

Do you think he's been taking lessons from Moffat and Gatiss?

June 9, 2012 10:27 pm  #5

I think it's weird. Okay, I can see why he doesn't want to reveal anything about Smaug just yet, but...
there really isn't much to give away about Bilbo!?
Or maybe Martin just didn't want to take part in these? (but I wouldn't see a reason for that)

June 9, 2012 11:14 pm  #6

I suppose it's possible that they are keeping Martin back for marketing around the time of the release of the film. Perhaps they think if they grant too much access beforehand that the broohaha will lose some of its impact. I really don't know, it's just guesswork.

June 9, 2012 11:37 pm  #7

Thanks for posting this, JaneCo!    These video blogs are fun to watch.

Wasn't that Martin being wheeled around the lot in a barrel?   could have been a double, but sure did look like our boy.   about minute 8:53

June 10, 2012 12:17 am  #8

Hm, you might be right, JaneCo.
But it really is weird.

Yes, jenosborn, he was in that barrel

Board footera