BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2012 10:09 am  #1

Teaser trailer for Star Trek 2013

Last edited by JaneCo (June 6, 2012 10:13 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 6, 2012 10:34 am  #2

Re: Teaser trailer for Star Trek 2013

I also posted this video in the Benedict Cumberbatch Discussion section of the forum. Then discovered that it was fan made, although convincing many people that it is official. So I deleted it there but have left it here. I didn't want to mislead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 6, 2012 3:39 pm  #3

I love trolls who put the effort in!

Not too shabby whatsoever.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 7, 2012 5:53 am  #4

Golly this is actually really impressive.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 29, 2013 4:18 pm  #5

Can someone explain to me why Star Trek Into Darkness, an American film, is coming to Eurpoe first? I checked on IMDB to see when the actual release date was and was shocked to find that America is waaaaay down on the list. You all will get it on May 10th, we don't get it until the 17th! Ummm am I wrong that this is an Amertican film? I don't mean to sound picky here but we Americans have to wait longer for all our favorite British shows which I understand completely, but hey wait - Star Trek is not a Eurpoean franchise.
Here is a break down of who gets it and when.

Country                          Date
Germany                        9 May 2013
Switzerland                     9 May 2013 (German speaking region)
Sweden                         10 May 2013
UK                                10 May 2013
Norway                         15 May 2013
Taiwan                          15 May 2013
Australia                        16 May 2013
Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 May 2013
Chile                              16 May 2013
Croatia                           16 May 2013
Hong Kong                     16 May 2013
Hungary                         16 May 2013
New Zealand                  16 May 2013
Russia                           16 May 2013
Serbia                            16 May 2013
Singapore                      16 May 2013
Bulgaria                         17 May 2013
Estonia                          17 May 2013
Iceland                           17 May 2013
India                              17 May 2013
Ireland                           17 May 2013
Lithuania                        17 May 2013
Mexico                           17 May 2013
USA                               17 May 2013
Belgium                          5 June 2013
Finland                           5 June 2013
Denmark                        6 June 2013
Netherlands                    6 June 2013
Portugal                         6 June 2013
Switzerland                     7 June 2013 (Italian speaking region)
Turkey                            7 June 2013
France                           12 June 2013
Italy                               13 June 2013
Brazil                             14 June 2013
Switzerland                    19 June 2013 (French speaking region)
Poland                           21 June 2013
Spain                              5 July 2013
Argentina                       22 August 2013
Japan                            23 August 2013

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 29, 2013 4:56 pm  #6

I'm in the Americas and it's not released where I am until the 22nd of August.

I'd imagine that at your end of the Americas it's due to 'Iron Man 3' and 'The Great Gatsby' being large contenders to open against.

Feel free to hop on a flight across the pond to catch it earlier, the UK welcomes citizens of the US without such mechanisms as ESTA or a visa. 

Gratz on post number 123!

-m0r

March 29, 2013 5:12 pm  #7

m0r1arty wrote:

I'm in the Americas and it's not released where I am until the 22nd of August.

I'd imagine that at your end of the Americas it's due to 'Iron Man 3' and 'The Great Gatsby' being large contenders to open against.

Feel free to hop on a flight across the pond to catch it earlier, the UK welcomes citizens of the US without such mechanisms as ESTA or a visa. 

Gratz on post number 123!

-m0r

Actually I am coming across the pond, but not until August.
I have been spending time downloading info about different things like The Gherkin that I want to see while there. Unfortunately that building is not open to the public. I read that the line for tickets to The London Eye is super long so we are going to try and get as many tickets ahead of time as possible so that we can fit in as many sights as we can in the short time we will be in England. Hubby may not want to hear this but 2 days in London is simply not enough, there are too many things I want to see and do. I want minimally 3-4 days and if possible want to fit in a train ride to Cardiff.
I understand the Doctor Who experience is pretty cool. Oops this is off topic. sorry.

post 123? I never even noticed. Maybe I will do when it gets to 221. 

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 29, 2013 5:33 pm  #8

The 'Shard' has some floors open to the public, if you want a great view of London I'd recommend that (Pricey though). If it's August you're going I'd suggest trying to go as late as possible and catch the twilight hours.

London itself is a marvellous city with plenty to see and do. You could easily devote a day to walk from 'Big Ben' to the Tower of London, taking in the Gherkin and Bankside gallery as well as St Paul's and The Scoop before heading to the Shard. Lots to see around the riverside.

It's a big city with far too much to fit into a few days, but I'm sure you'll be checking out Baker street, Picadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. If you can visit Camden market and if you're lucky enough to be visiting during the 25th and 26th of August see the Notting Hill carnival too.

Cardiff is also pretty but is a lot more laid back than London.

If you need advise I'd recommend creating a thread asking for such, this is a great board with people from all over the world sharing their knowledge.

Best of luck!

-m0r

March 29, 2013 9:33 pm  #9

Estas en Puerto Rico, pero escribes en frances. Quieres explicar?  (S'il te plait.)

Last edited by Davina (March 30, 2013 11:04 am)

March 30, 2013 11:04 am  #10

I think they speak Spammish normally! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 27, 2014 11:37 pm  #11

Not a trekkie but for obvious reasons want to see this one lol.

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

Board footera