BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2012 6:24 pm  #1

Critic's Choice Television Awards

Benedict has been nominated in the Best Actor, Movie/Mini Series category, Lara Pulver in the Best Actress Movie/Mini Series, and Sherlock for Best Movie/Mini Series

Critic's Choice Television Awards to be held Monday, June 18 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 7, 2012 6:53 pm  #2

Re: Critic's Choice Television Awards

Nice! ;)
Though, no Freeman?

June 8, 2012 8:38 am  #3

No, I'm sad about that too Sammy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 11, 2012 3:52 am  #4

Messages from other threads - same subject.
Will pop them here & close the others.

Milkomeda wrote:

Sorry if it had been post somewhere already, but Sherlock, Benedict and Lara are nominated in the Critics' choice television awards as best miniseries, best actor in a miniseries and best actress in a miniseries. Yeah !

sherlockskitty wrote:

miniseries?   Is  sherlock  considered a miniseries?   that is COOOLLL!!  I  hope they all win!!  when is this to be aired on tv?

Irene_Adler wrote:

Benedict will be competing again with Dominic West... let's see what happens.

I'm happy for Lara, but I miss Martin and Andrew in this nominations...

JaneCo wrote:

.... But I am very pleased to see it mentioned again just so as many people as possible see it. Quite a few people have joined recently and not everyone will manage to read all posts, so thank you Milkomeda for posting 

kazza474 wrote:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-06-07/benedict-cumberbatch,-damien-lewis-and-michelle-dockery-nominated-for-us-tv-awards

Benedict Cumberbatch, Damien Lewis and Michelle Dockery are among the British talent nominated for this year’s Critics’ Choice Television Awards.

Lewis and Dockery are up for best actor and best actress in a drama series and their respective shows, Homeland and Downton Abbey, have both been nominated for best drama.

British shows dominate the best TV movie/miniseries category, with Sherlock, Luther and The Hour all notching up nominations. The shows’ respective stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba and Dominic West will also be pitted against each other for the title of best actor in a TV movie or mini-series.

Sherlock’s Lara Pulver, whose naked turn as dominatrix Irene Adler in the series raised eyebrows earlier this year, is tipped for best actress in a TV movie/mini-series, alongside Appropriate Adult’s Emily Watson and Gillian Anderson for Great Expectations.

But despite all this esteem for British TV, NBC’s US sitcom Community, about a group of college drop-outs, has earned the most nominations and is up for six awards in total.

The results of the second annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards will be announced on Monday 18 June, and a full list of nominations is below:

SEE THE LINK FOR THE LIST.

Sherlock mentions:
Best Movie/Miniseries

American Horror Story – FX
Luther – BBC America
Sherlock – PBS
Page Eight – PBS
The Hour – BBC America
Game Change – HBO

Best Actor in a Movie/Miniseries

Benedict Cumberbatch – Sherlock – PBS
Bill Nighy – Page Eight – PBS
Woody Harrelson – Game Change – HBO
Idris Elba – Luther – BBC America
Dominic West – The Hour – BBC America
Kevin Costner – Hatfields & McCoys – History

Best Actress in a Movie/Miniseries

Jessica Lange – American Horror Story – FX
Gillian Anderson - Great Expectations – PBS
Julianne Moore – Game Change – HBO
Patricia Clarkson – Five – Lifetime
Lara Pulver – Sherlock – PBS
Emily Watson – Appropriate Adult – Sundance

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 11, 2012 10:55 am  #5

thanks kazza, much appreciated! I cannot wait to watch the awards on TV

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 12, 2012 6:28 pm  #6

Sammy wrote:

Nice! ;)
Though, no Freeman?

I'd be delighted if they win all the categories. I haven't seen all of the other nominees to compare, but I know how good--I mean great--Sherlock is.

But I also am disappointed that Martin Freeman was not nominated. I've only seen him do comedic things before, but his grief scenes at the beginning and end of TRF were heart-breaking, especially with the added touch of his military bearing. Not that comedy is easy, I just had never seen him to drama before.

And Andrew? He's amazing. When he showed up with a completely different (although false) personality as Richard Brook, my jaw actually dropped. And then the evil look he gave Sherlock when the others weren't looking? Yikes!

I suppose we should also give credit to the director for his/her (I should know which) input on all their performances.

Last edited by veecee (June 12, 2012 8:50 pm)

June 14, 2012 10:50 am  #7

Oh, this is Monday coming up huh?

Interesting.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 14, 2012 6:17 pm  #8

Maybe the actors will all be there, although not sure they could take time out. It would be so fun if they showed up in character. Sherlock could say that he knew they would win.

June 14, 2012 6:52 pm  #9

veecee wrote:

Maybe the actors will all be there, although not sure they could take time out. It would be so fun if they showed up in character. Sherlock could say that he knew they would win.

I'm pretty sure Lara will be there because I saw her tweet to Gatiss this week: "see you in LA". I'm hoping they are all there.

June 14, 2012 6:58 pm  #10

OK, it might be nice to see her as a normal person -- or is she?

Last edited by veecee (June 14, 2012 6:58 pm)

June 14, 2012 7:50 pm  #11

veecee wrote:

OK, it might be nice to see her as a normal person -- or is she?

I suspect from her interviews and tweets that she is normal, sweet and kind but also a little bawdy and irreverent. A nice combo

June 18, 2012 12:53 am  #12

I haven't found this in any TV listings in US. Does anyone know if it will be broadcast?

June 18, 2012 2:11 am  #13

veecee wrote:

I haven't found this in any TV listings in US. Does anyone know if it will be broadcast?

Well apparently it's only the 2nd year the awards have run.
Here is a link that explains a bit more about what these awards are about. It looks interesting because basically they're running against the basic premise of the Emmys which really are very political each year.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055447

The BTJA gave Sutter's outlaw biker drama three acting nominations (Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Maggie Siff) for this year's Critics' Choice Television Awards, continuing an inclination to look beyond the usual set of shows favored by Television Academy members.

In its inaugural bow last year, BTJA voters gave Critics' Choice noms to the likes of Eden Sher ("The Middle"), Busy Philipps ("Cougar Town") and Anna Torv and John Noble of "Fringe." This year's nom slate demonstrates a similar willingness by the 70 BTJA balloters to embrace genre shows and a wider array of programs

So going by that, they may be struggling to get the program aired or they may just refuse to be tied to any particular network to keep a totally unbiased take on the voting.
I'll do some more digging.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 18, 2012 2:21 am  #14

Last year it was streamed live on VH 1

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 18, 2012 2:22 am  #15

kazza474 wrote:

veecee wrote:

Well apparently it's only the 2nd year the awards have run.
Here is a link that explains a bit more about what these awards are about. It looks interesting because basically they're running against the basic premise of the Emmys which really are very political each year.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055447

The BTJA gave Sutter's outlaw biker drama three acting nominations (Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal and Maggie Siff) for this year's Critics' Choice Television Awards, continuing an inclination to look beyond the usual set of shows favored by Television Academy members.

In its inaugural bow last year, BTJA voters gave Critics' Choice noms to the likes of Eden Sher ("The Middle"), Busy Philipps ("Cougar Town") and Anna Torv and John Noble of "Fringe." This year's nom slate demonstrates a similar willingness by the 70 BTJA balloters to embrace genre shows and a wider array of programs

So going by that, they may be struggling to get the program aired or they may just refuse to be tied to any particular network to keep a totally unbiased take on the voting.
I'll do some more digging.

Thanks. All I could find was that it was broadcast on VH1 or streamed on VH1 last year. And the same article said that no network deal had been struck yet. I don't know the date of the article. Maybe we'll just have to find it online after the fact, but if you find something, will appreciate it.

June 19, 2012 12:10 am  #16

veecee wrote:

Supposedly you can watch it online here in about an hour.

http://www.popsugar.com/Watch-Critics-Choice-Television-Awards-Live-23561140

Lara tweeted she will not be there.Not sure about Ben

June 19, 2012 12:38 am  #17

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

veecee wrote:

Supposedly you can watch it online here in about an hour.

http://www.popsugar.com/Watch-Critics-Choice-Television-Awards-Live-23561140

Lara tweeted she will not be there.Not sure about Ben

Oh, thank you! I have to go out for a bit, but I'll come back and try to watch.

June 19, 2012 1:15 am  #18

Here is real link at popsugar. I am watching now...what a confusing website popsugar is. You may have to register

http://www.popsugar.com/Critics-Choice-Television-Awards-Red-Carpet-Live-23616447

June 19, 2012 1:37 am  #19

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Here is real link at popsugar. I am watching now...what a confusing website popsugar is. You may have to register

http://www.popsugar.com/Critics-Choice-Television-Awards-Red-Carpet-Live-23616447

I wish we could just get a message when and if the Sherlock crew show up, don't you?

June 19, 2012 1:44 am  #20

veecee wrote:

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

I wish we could just get a message when and if the Sherlock crew show up, don't you?

Yes I am already tired of listening to this bevy of 25 year old bimbo Valley Girls

Board footera