BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2023 8:19 am  #1

Joe Freeman

Martin's son...
and I am just assuming he is using this name!
Were fans aware that he has started his own acting career?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2023 11:25 am  #2

Re: Joe Freeman

No, I hadn't heard!  What's he in?

August 9, 2023 2:34 pm  #3

I didn't know that, either!

Clueing for looks.

August 9, 2023 3:35 pm  #4

Amanda was speaking about it in an interview...
I am such a technophobe, but I will try and find it and post a link-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2023 3:42 pm  #5

August 9, 2023 6:15 pm  #6

Proud parents, I'm sure! A lot of children seem to follow their parents' professions. I suppose if you grow up seeing it, and your parents love their job, it's going to be high on your list.

August 9, 2023 6:17 pm  #7

He and his sister are gorgeous looking kids.

August 10, 2023 1:55 pm  #8

They certainly are!  I'm not sure Joe looks much like either of his parents, though, except in colouring.

August 10, 2023 1:57 pm  #9

Anyway, we wish him well!

August 12, 2023 10:24 pm  #10

Thank you for sharing, besley. I was thinking he was likely still a juvenile actor. I have heard of that musical but have not had a chance to see it or the film adaptation as of yet. I hope Joe enjoys being in it. It does seem pretty common for children of actors to become actors or performers themselves. I don't know if it's confirmation bias or not, but I don't think I see that as often in other professions, at least not among people my own age. My dad does a pretty similar job to what his dad did, though my mom does something completely different from what her parents did.

I agree, I don't really see a strong resemblance to his parents, but maybe it will become more apparent when he gets older. There's a cousin of mine (maybe second cousin is mor accurate?) who didn't really demonstrate resemblance as a child, but as an adult looks almost identical to my dad, even though my dad is definitely not also his father.

Clueing for looks.

August 13, 2023 2:23 pm  #11

Isn't that funny about your cousin and genetics? Actually I was just this week looking at old photos my son and me, and I would have said we didn't really resemble each other at the time, but now I see a clear resemblence.  But only when he's a child.I don't think he looks much like me at all as an adult, and only a tiny bit like his dad.

August 13, 2023 3:17 pm  #12

It is funny. I don't really think I look like either of my parents, but occasionally my dad says I look like his sister when I laugh. And I remember once seeing a photo from when I was a kid where my dad and I are both squinting in the sun (we were on a beach) and we looked similar in expression.

Once I was watching an old home movie from my dad's childhood, and my aunt around the age of 10 looked a lot like one of her daughters does now, which I didn't expect because I don't see the resemblance with my aunt as an adult.

I don't remember if I've seen it, but there's also a photo of one of my uncles as a young man and apparently he looks exactly like my dad as well.

I don't really think my mom and I are that similar physically, but I've been told that we sound pretty much the same over the phone now, which has led to occasional confusion when one of us has passed the phone to the other. A classmate of mine in high school also once said "You look very much like your mom," but I didn't see it at all. I guess an outsider's perspective can be different.

Last edited by Yitzock (August 13, 2023 3:19 pm)

Clueing for looks.

August 14, 2023 9:30 pm  #13

Sometimes it is just facial expressions, gestures, etc. that are so like the other person.
I remember doing one of those snapchat things that ages you up and down etc, and the male version it showed of me really reminded me of my dad, even though I wouldn't say I look at all like him!

August 28, 2023 6:55 pm  #14

That's true, I think expressions and gestures play a part in it. Usually when my dad notices my similarity to my aunt, it's when I'm laughing, but not really any other time.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera