BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2012 1:35 pm  #1

Benedict dolls

If you go to IMDB, look up Benedict (why else would you be there?), go to the message boards, click on Discuss Benedict Cumberbatch, then click on GQ Bafta Most Stylish and read through the posts, you will eventually get to MavenHaven's post about Pocket Benedict and a link to a Tumblr site, then when you have had a look and a laugh, there is another one right below it as well. It is definitely worth it.

I am a total Luddite when it comes to computers, can barely turn one on, so have no idea how to link to the Tumblr sites directly. If you can, have at it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

May 31, 2012 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Benedict dolls

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 31, 2012 1:45 pm  #3

Thanks, Irene, you are a "doll"! Let's have dinner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

May 31, 2012 1:47 pm  #4

hepzibah wrote:

Thanks, Irene, you are a "doll"! Let's have dinner.

You're welcome, hepzibah.
That dinner, whenever you want 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 31, 2012 1:59 pm  #5

Don't you love IMDB? They take it all so seriously and have such fabulous arguments. There was a heap of posts a while ago about the comments BC made in an interview about Downton Abbey, (Begone, Woman, etc to Rebecca Eaton)  and people couldn't see that he was being funny and they took his comments so seriously. I posted that it was just his English sense of humour and got a reply that basically if I hadn't been there, how did I know he was being funny? Obviouly, some people have no sense of humour at all!

One of the reasons I like this site is that we don't argue and we don't seem to get trolls. Life is too short for that rubbish.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

May 31, 2012 2:07 pm  #6

Oh, yes... IMDb boards are a lot of fun, sometimes. I read that conversation you say. There are some hardcore fans of Ben out there that make some really weird comments about him... I don't know, maybe they're all his friends and know exactly who he is and how he feels about everything, but I really doubt it.
The Sherlock board didn't have a troll until a couple of weeks ago. Now there is some guy claiming he knows the solution to TRF and trolling as if his life depended on it. Funny discussion, though it ends up being a bit tiring.
I never post there, but I read a lot of some boards. There are other boards I don't get into because they are full of spoilers and trolls (I still remember a big spoiler I swallowed about Game of Thrones that was in the title on a thread, I didn't even need to open it).

Board footera