BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2012 6:05 am  #1

BBC I-player figures for Sherlock

The Telegraph newspaper has the figures for I-player requests. Sherlock A Scandal in Belgravis took top spot overall and is the most watched show on I-player so far this year. Sherlock took all 3top places in the most-watched list.
S2 E1 2,528,000
S2 E3 1,913,000
S2 E2 1,689,000

I reckon TRF came second because lots of people just couldn't bear to go through the trauma of watching the fall again, also that and because people probably decided to buy the DVDs anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 3:09 pm  #2

Re: BBC I-player figures for Sherlock

Suggested in many magazine articles that this was due to Irene's naked scenes. Someone has tweeted Lara saying this is just sexist assumptions as they actually watched it again for the sight of Benedict without his sheet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 3:22 pm  #3

Re: BBC I-player figures for Sherlock

Davina wrote:

Suggested in many magazine articles that this was due to Irene's naked scenes. Someone has tweeted Lara saying this is just sexist assumptions as they actually watched it again for the sight of Benedict without his sheet!

Of course, I think it works both ways; some people would just want to see Lara, some people would just want to see Ben, some people would want to see both

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

Board footera