BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2012 5:29 am  #1

Oops

It appears I should have started here, instead of plunging headlong into a new post.  Apologies.

I wish I could say I am from someplace interesting in the US, but that would be a big lie.  Ohio is one of the Great Lakes states, we tend toward earnest but tedious.  Well, maybe not all of us, i might just be describing myself.

Regardless.  I got hooked on Sherlock last year, and slowly became/continue to become aware of 1) What an amazing show it is; 2) what an astonishing fandom it has drawn to itself.

Truly.  I haven't been this caught up in something since... Well, let's just say its been a while.  I'm really enjoying it, thanks for being here!

May 28, 2012 5:41 am  #2

Re: Oops

Welcome! Plunging straight in is perfectly okay too but nice to have an introduction as well

Glad to have you here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 28, 2012 5:54 am  #3

Welcome. Welcome. Glad to be of assistance is breaking the tedium. Seriously, I hope you have a lot of fun here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2012 7:10 am  #4

welcome to these boards, longsnowsmoon!!   May I ask...how did you choose your user name?  It's beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 28, 2012 1:22 pm  #5

Wholocked, Davina, sherlockskitty- thanks for the welcome!  I fear I will be an intermittent contributor, life does get in the way.  But there's time enough, and I'm looking forward to exploring Sherlock with you.

Thanks sherlockskitty, I found my name several years ago, in an astrology book called the Medicine Wheel, here's a link to a summary

http://www.internationalastrologers.com/native_american_astrology.htm

No, I don't believe in astrology, no, I'm not native American- doesn't mean I can't appreciate it  .  I was born under the moon of Long Snows.  It seemed to fit.

See you on the boards!

May 28, 2012 1:37 pm  #6

Hi Longsnowsmoon - Welcome!
I guess by American standards we are neighbours (waves Mitt)
What you say about getting hooked and drawn in...yes Sherlock is definitely enticing and you are in the right place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 28, 2012 3:06 pm  #7

Great to have you onboard LSM,

We're creating a very particular perfume here - complex nose to it.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 28, 2012 3:32 pm  #8

"Boffin", "Bachelor", now I have one too- LSM!  Thanks, m0r, I am honored!   

May 28, 2012 6:13 pm  #9

Glad you could join us...hope you have fun here!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 29, 2012 3:56 pm  #10

Welcome, fellow USAer! I have good friends that live in Pataskala, OH, about 30 minutes east of Columbus. Beautiful country!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 1, 2012 1:09 am  #11

Welcome = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 1, 2012 2:47 am  #12

Welcome , we shall overlook your tardiness at posting in this thread as we do understand one's eagerness to post ideas & theories almost instantly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera