BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2012 4:09 am  #1

Snack Bar now open

We seem to have a long wait on our hands till Series 3, so best we share our daily rations around.
Just pop in here, any time & leave us a message about what you are snacking on & we can all have a taste too!

Now I have NO idea how to describe what I am eating, not sure if they have them anywhere else in the world.

Yummy, sticky Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.

Yeah, I know ... pure suger etc; what the heck, I could fall off the top of a hospital anyday soon so best to enjoy while I can.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 23, 2012 6:15 am  #2

Re: Snack Bar now open

http://www.ocado.com/catalog/images-hires/64183011_H.jpg

My Mum just had a go at me for nicking these from her study!!!
They're SO good...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 27, 2012 12:12 pm  #3

Yikes, that reminds me I haven't eaten since the day before yesterday. Better go do that now - thank you!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 28, 2012 6:46 pm  #4

And you haven't fed me  yet,  sherlock!!   so  I  took    a  chocolate bar  out of the fridge!!   YUMMY!! 

Ok  I  went to the fair yesterday---know what I saw?   someone in the Art dept  had made  a  blue telephone box  just  like.....Dr  Who's Tardis!!   that made my day!!!   and there was some pink popcorn there so I ate that too. 

can I have a dish  of Iced tea?  kitty likes strange things.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (May 28, 2012 6:47 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 28, 2012 7:11 pm  #5

I left you a big bowl of Sherlock-theme cat treats and cat tea Sherlockskitty- did you find them?
Perhaps they were too well hidden under another topic?    Sorry!
Anyway, here you are
*retrieves porcelain bowl and pours in iced tea*

(going to do homework on how to get images into posts)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 28, 2012 10:54 pm  #6

thank you britigander!!  Most delicious!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (May 28, 2012 10:54 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 29, 2012 5:35 am  #7

Just had a childhood favourite: fresh pineapple sandwich.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 29, 2012 7:12 pm  #8

That sounds...err... Lovely!!

But doesn't the pineapple seep into the bread and make it go all soggy?!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 30, 2012 7:50 am  #9

I tried the pineapple sandwich Kazza, although I used tinned pineapple- I know that's probably a sacriledge- and it was, somewhat surprisingly, very nice.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 9:01 am  #10

Molly Hooper wrote:

That sounds...err... Lovely!!

But doesn't the pineapple seep into the bread and make it go all soggy?!

Fresh pineapple isn't laden with juice, tomatoes would be 'wetter' than a slice of pineapple.

Davina wrote:

I tried the pineapple sandwich Kazza, although I used tinned pineapple- I know that's probably a sacriledge- and it was, somewhat surprisingly, very nice.

OMG, tinned?? That's only good when it's hot * on pizza or toast.

But I guess when you don't live where they grow by the millions, it would be sort of ok.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 30, 2012 12:11 pm  #11

You will, no doubt, be pleased to learn that I have, today, been out and bought myself a nice, fresh pineapple. I will let you know the result when I have made and eaten the sandwich.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 2:39 pm  #12

Ok, my dears, from Spain, I bring you this: Caña de cerveza y pincho de tortilla. What means, more or less, a good fresh beer and a piece of Spanish omelette. Preferably, to be drunk/eaten in a sunny terrace.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 30, 2012 7:22 pm  #13

Stop it!
You're making me wish that I lived in Spain!

May 30, 2012 11:38 pm  #14

I just had toasted muesli and I'm drinking coffee for breakfast. Pales when I see what you've posted a pic of up there Irene!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 31, 2012 2:20 am  #15

I just had to 'Wiki' what a Spanish Omelette was.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_omelette

Sounds a bit more reasonable to be eating that with beer, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 31, 2012 6:40 am  #16

Molly, Spain is not the best place to be living right now... but you can always come visit. We have some wonderful places to see and a quite nice gastronomy

Wholocked, we usually have this about lunch time. Now It's 8:30 here and I'm just having a coffee (I couldn't take a bit of beer right now, I could faint)

Kazza, the Spanish Omelette works great with beer or red wine, but there is a lot of people that have it with coffee in the morning. I like that, but I don't do it at home (I'm a horrible and lazy cook) so I just have it from time to time when I go to some bar. It sounds a bit weird (an omelette with coffee? WTF?) but believe me, it's tastes great when you try it.

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 31, 2012 6:45 am  #17

Maybe I will, I might even get a tan! 

May 31, 2012 7:35 am  #18

Molly Hooper wrote:

Maybe I will, I might even get a tan! 

Oh, yes... but it depends on which part of Spain you visit. The north is quite rainy, even in summer. In the south you can get a tan or more likely... you can get burnt (depending on your kind of skin).
Anyway, always worth to visit.
This is one of those beautiful things you can see here

May 31, 2012 9:23 am  #19

Toast and vegemite all the way, baby! Even better, toast and vegemite and tomato, yum yum. And don't give me any crap about Vegemite looking like axle grease and tasting like pure salt, it keeps our county going, Why do you think Australia is one of the few countries not currently drowning in debt? Why do you think half of Ireland and three quarters of Greece are trying to emigrate to here. VEGEMITE, of course!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

May 31, 2012 1:01 pm  #20

He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich.

Board footera