BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2017 1:56 pm  #1

Hello!

Hello everybody - My name is Holly

I found this forum while looking up violin sheet music for songs on the new soundtracks - I have been playing violin for a whole three days. However, I have taught myself the opening titles already, so I'm pretty proud of myself there. 

I've been a BBC Sherlock fan for...three years I think? I know I started after season 3 had already aired. And then I shared it with my best friend and we've been intense fans ever since. 

If you want to follow me on tumblr and whatnot, my username there is the same as this one. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to get to know some of you here hopefully!

February 17, 2017 2:00 pm  #2

Re: Hello!

Hi there!

Good job on the violin - the show makes me want to learn violin myself but I'm not very musical

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

February 17, 2017 2:02 pm  #3

I've honestly never had the patience to learn any musical instrument before, so I'm surprised at myself that I've been so insistent with it so far! My goal is to be able to play Who You Really Are perfectly someday. And maybe, you know, some classical music as well lol

February 17, 2017 2:19 pm  #4

Hi, Holly, welcome to the forum. I wish you success with the violin and lots of fun in here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 17, 2017 3:12 pm  #5

Welcome.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 17, 2017 6:41 pm  #6

Hi Holly, welcome!

I really want to learn violin, I'll start one day haha.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

February 18, 2017 7:57 am  #7

Welcome to the forum Holly. I barely managed to learn the basics of playing the guitar, so my respect for you is immense! :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 18, 2017 9:28 am  #8

Welcome, Holly!  Good luck with the violin!   I played for a while as a child and I wish I'd been able to continue.  It's a lovely instrument.  It sounds like you are self-taught - that's impressive!

February 18, 2017 3:50 pm  #9

Thank you, everyone You all are making me feel fantastic - I already like it here! 

Board footera