BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2017 10:34 pm  #1

So, this is the end?!

So for me this sounded like the end I mean there was no cliffhanger and a "final speech"... This episode was so strange! It was fantastic but also so shocking! I nearly died :D They cant end that please just dont ((

What are your thoughts?! Gonna post some thoughts later... Yet I am still to upset 

Last edited by Dumai (January 15, 2017 10:36 pm)

January 15, 2017 10:37 pm  #2

Re: So, this is the end?!

For me it is the end. I am not sure it is THE end though.

"It is what it is."

January 15, 2017 10:38 pm  #3

Oh, my God, I only want to cry rivers... Don't let be the end! What a wonderful show! But it sounded pretty final to me. 

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 15, 2017 10:41 pm  #4

Perhaps its just a joke... I mean we all know the humor of the writers... I just cant believe it! They cant do that to us that way! 

January 15, 2017 10:41 pm  #5

What was in the video at the end? My stream was langging please help me!

-----------------------------------------
Just being a curl.

January 15, 2017 10:44 pm  #6

I'm in the same boat as Sherlock's Curl here... (desperate trying to find it)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2017 10:46 pm  #7

There was a footage of them rebuilding the 221B, then having some clients there, then the two run out of a building, supposedly solving a case.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 15, 2017 10:51 pm  #8

Theres a new statement about season 5! Just been released!

www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-01-15/mark-gatiss-and-steven-moffat-reveal-where-sherlock-could-go-in-series-5

Last edited by Dumai (January 15, 2017 10:57 pm)

January 15, 2017 10:51 pm  #9

Yeah, that really had a feeling of being an end. And I can live with that. I thought it was an amazing journey.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 15, 2017 10:53 pm  #10

And ending is just the beginning of something else.
We saw Sherlock journey from being a great man to being a good man as well.
I am very happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 15, 2017 10:56 pm  #11

You're so mature, my fellow Sherlockians. I can't cope right now with the end of Sherlock. I think there would be material for more episodes and good seasons. I just can't accept this is the end. It's like saying goodbye forever to a very good friend. 

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 15, 2017 11:06 pm  #12

I really, really hope this is not the actual end.... that we would get some new episode in the future, a special at least.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 15, 2017 11:09 pm  #13

We got a couple seconds of Tom Hiddleston after the end of the credits, or have I imagined that???!!

Last edited by Punch me in the face (January 15, 2017 11:09 pm)

Just like old times...

January 15, 2017 11:10 pm  #14

i fear they did but at least they let a new Movie open... this i think is because the 2 main actors ars so buissy it will take ages to get them together for this.

January 15, 2017 11:36 pm  #15

I suppose it can serve as an end... but it was a very open end. And I take my comfort in the fact that the entire team loves doing it. 

And we all know the fans can wait! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 15, 2017 11:43 pm  #16

I broke down crying in the last 30 seconds and then sobbed all through the credits.

It seemed really such a perfect, neat ending, and like we've come full circle from ASIP and it felt very FINAL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 15, 2017 11:47 pm  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

It seemed really such a perfect, neat ending, and like we've come full circle from ASIP and it felt very FINAL.

I agree. A wonderful ending.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 15, 2017 11:48 pm  #18

THE GAME IS NEVER OVER.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 16, 2017 12:48 am  #19

tonnaree wrote:

And ending is just the beginning of something else.
We saw Sherlock journey from being a great man to being a good man as well.
I am very happy.

Yes, my tears started flowing when Lestrade said that and I'm still crying (I just finished the episode, I waited for it being on the iPlayer to have subtitles).

Yes, I think it's the end, and I'm ok with it. I didn't expect what we saw tonight, I'm overwhelmed, heartbroken and overjoyed at the same time. And I think the end was perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 16, 2017 2:27 am  #20

Oh, I felt tears at the end but I cried during several other parts as well.

It seemed like an end that would work either as the end of series 4 before a new one is made or the ending of the show, period.  There was a sense of completeness, that life goes on and we love the adventures, the legend lives on, no matter what happens to the show.

I would still be a little sad if we never got any more.  I would miss the show.  But if this is the end we get, then it's a fairly satisfying one.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera