BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 6:08 pm  #1

Fanfiction translation

Hey there  

I hope this is the right place for this and there isnt a topic for that already. Couldnt find something fitting though.

So, I guess a lot of people here are reading fanfiction about Sherlock. I have found a topic in which someone also had this idea of translation... I love writing and I also started to write a fanfiction, its a Johnlock story. I always post stuff like that on a German site for fanfiction as I am a German writer I already translated some fanfictions about other series into English but still I prefer writing instead of translating^^ So, I was wondering... Is anybody here perhaps interested in translating a German fanfiction into English?

Cheers!

January 12, 2017 6:15 pm  #2

Re: Fanfiction translation

I could do that for a short story, but you'd be better off with a native speaker because I'd be needing a beta of my own!
In my experience it's easier to write in English and find a beta to polish the rough edges. There is a beta directory on fanfiction.net, for example. Working with a beta will generally improve your language skills too (not that you need it, but I think it's always a good thing).

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 15, 2017 4:37 pm  #3

Re: Fanfiction translation

Well, its a longer story so I think it would be too much work for you as well, same as for me. I already wrote some fanfiction in English but it just doesnt make as much fun as writing in my mother tongue you know  But I am going to think about it again as soon as my current story is finished, thank you

Board footera