BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2012 7:36 am  #1

Steven Moffat - Special Award Recipient in 2012

How absolutely wonderful for Steven!!!

http://www.bafta.org/television/awards/steven-moffat-special-award,3294,BA.html

Steven Moffat, television writer & producer of both Sherlock & Doctor Who will be presented with the 2012 Television Special Award.

The Award will be presented to Steven Moffat in recognition of his outstanding creative writing contribution to television. From his first scripted drama Press Gang in 1989, for which he won his first BAFTA, Moffat’s vast body of work includes titles such as Stay Lucky, Joking Apart, Murder Most Horrid, Chalk, Jekyll and Coupling.

In 2008, it was announced that he would become head writer and executive producer of Doctor Who and was instrumental in the casting of the 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

In collaboration with Mark Gatiss in 2009, he created Sherlock, following Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson's adventures in 21st century London. The episode entitled “A Scandal In Belgravia"  from the second series earned Steven a Television Craft Award for Writer at the 2012 ceremony as well as picking up BAFTAs in two other categories.

Well deserved!

Last edited by kazza474 (May 19, 2012 7:39 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 7:39 am  #2

Re: Steven Moffat - Special Award Recipient in 2012

On being recognised, Steven Moffat said: “Blimey! A Special Award! I didn't even know I was ill!

Hehehehheheheheheeeeee!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 9:05 am  #3

Steven Moffat : @steven_moffat
Thanks all, re: the special BAFTA award. My favourite interview question so far: "Would you have preferred a proper BAFTA?"

tee hee!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 9:06 am  #4

kazza474 wrote:

On being recognised, Steven Moffat said: “Blimey! A Special Award! I didn't even know I was ill!

Hehehehheheheheheeeeee!!!

This is sooooo Moffat 
I'm very happy for him, this man deserves a recognition, ill or not

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 19, 2012 9:49 am  #5

LOL. Typical Moffat. God I love that guy....

Well done !!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 19, 2012 10:26 am  #6

Oh it's still going on, lol:

Paul McGuigan †@paul_mcguigan
@steven_moffat I would congratulate you but this is just getting a wee bit out of hand!

Steven Moffat †@steven_moffat
@paul_mcguigan I just don't look well - they're getting in while they can.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 11:16 am  #7

It's got good comedic value!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 5, 2012 2:07 am  #8

This is hands down one of my favorite awards clips ever, from the presenters, Benedict and Matt, who had a great schtick going to Steven's acceptance speech itself. My fav part, a pan out to the audience when he thanked Sue, it was the sweetest most endearing and genuine smile I think I've ever seen a wife give at her husband's words.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 6, 2012 10:33 am  #9

Awww, Sue and Steven are such an amazing couple, they really are perfect together!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera